Solved

Unlimited Data and tethering with router when in the EU

• 18 November 2020
  • 5 replies

hi

I will be 3 weeks in France and Spain, on roaming, and I will use a 4G router.

Can I tether the PAYG UNLIMITED data plan with no data caps ?

According to the EU roaming link, https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy, when you set £20 on the price field and amount of data “Not listed” seems to be NO LIMITS.

is this correct??

thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 25 November 2020, 16:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @galaxydpw 

If you’re tethering from a phone, all should be fine.  Speeds would vary depending on the strength of coverage in your location.

If you’re going to be using the SIM in another device (such as a router) then it’s difficult to say if our SIM would work well with that or not.  

Thanks Kevin,

but the question is: totally unlimited when on roaming ? no 25Gb cap like others?

Can I stream 500Gb when abroad?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @galaxydpw 

We've created a fair usage policy to prevent our inclusive EU roaming feature from being misused. Our open data policy also applies to selected plans, to protect the great value we offer you.

Our fair usage policy has been designed to prevent misuse of our inclusive EU roaming feature, such as someone permanently roaming and not living in the UK.

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time. That's absolutely fine.

The plan you have selected does indeed mean you can use all of your data whilst outside of the UK. 

Michelle 

Hi,

I will be in Spain for 3 months in summer and was thinking on getting the unlimited deal and use tethering for remote work.

From what I read, I understand that I will be able to use unlimited data while tethering even in another band 1 roaming country (please correct me if I am wrong ).

My question is, will my connection be disrupted at some point during the 3month period because of the fair usage policy? If I declare that I live in the uk permanently with a bank statement or so could I get the issue fixed ?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Eva3895,

Before usage outside of the UK, the SIM card would need to be activated and used for calls and data within the UK first.

Once that’s done, you can use it outside of the UK, but after around 3 months, if you haven’t been back to the UK to use it, the services will become restricted until you come back.

Will

Why iD Mobile?