Solved

unlimited data roaming

• 17 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there!

im a new customer, & have chosen an unlimited data plan.

From what I can see in the drop-down menus (unlimited isn’t listed), there’s no cap on the data in Spain/the Canaries - can I double check that this is the case before I activate my sim?

Thanks

Jon

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 September 2021, 22:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Jon Back,

You could pop-over to:

Terms & Conditions | Legal | iD Mobile Network

Then read through the terms that were applicable when you started with iD.

The most recent Pay Monthly terms apply from: May 4th 2021 - Now

There’s usually a section in the terms about iD’s fair usage policy (when roaming).

I hope you find what you’re looking for - good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@Jon Back you should read the following pages:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

Mine's not listed here:

The open data policy does not apply.

The open data policy does not apply to your plan. You can use your monthly data to roam in our EU inclusive countries just like you do at home. For more information on where you can roam, take a look at our inclusive EU roaming webpage.

It states the above for all plan costs, so you’re good!

Be warned though:- 

if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming. If so, we'll take the following action:

First of all, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy. If you don't change your usage behaviour to comply with it, we'll also ask you to provide some sort of proof that you have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.

If you don’t provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam in the EU more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll apply a surcharge to your EU roaming usage. When we do this we'll send you another text message - to make you're aware of the situation, and give you a second chance to stop roaming and avoid charges.

The surcharges that will be applied to your account if you exceed our fair usage limits are:

• 3.2p per minute
  • 1p per text
  • 0.59p per MB

Also read this:

Basically... As long as you don’t take the p*ss, you will be ok. 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Superb response @WelshPaul.

The “basically” at the end was just…

Will

Userlevel 1

Thanks all - very reassuring.

I’m off to the sun for a week or 3 next month, & had my fingers (well, wallet) burnt by 3 last year as I didn’t realise their unlimited data isn’t unlimited when roaming any more.

From what I can see, idmobile are one of the few left to offer this.

So as I say, thanks for your replies.

Jon

ps no intentions to take-the-piss here :-)

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks all - very reassuring.

I’m off to the sun for a week or 3 next month, & had my fingers (well, wallet) burnt by 3 last year as I didn’t realise their unlimited data isn’t unlimited when roaming any more.

From what I can see, idmobile are one of the few left to offer this.

So as I say, thanks for your replies.

Jon

ps no intentions to take-the-piss here :-)

Enjoy it while you can because I’m sure ID Mobile won’t offer it for much longer.

Once one company introduces something, it doesn’t take long for the rest to follow (if it saves or makes them money). 👍

Why iD Mobile?