Solved

Unlimited data usage in Spain?

• 6 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I have been recommended to join ID Mobile as I travel to Spain frequently. 

I am looking at your 12 month unlimited Sim only deal for £17.50 per month.

I live in the UK and my trips to Spain always last just under two months.

I require roughly about 350GB total data for each two month trip, and so I want to know, would I be able to achieve this, or would my data be capped because of your fair usage policy?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2021, 12:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Adesjeep 

350GB over 2 months works out at about 43GB a week.  Which in this day and age I believe would be considered fair, given how common streaming things on our phone has become.

350GB in a day however might be a little steep.

If you did receive a text to say you appear to be abusing the fair usage system then it may be best to try and spread things out a little more depending on what it is you’re doing.

Obviously if what you’re doing is for work/ business-related matters and it’s a necessity for you to be hammering the downloads a lot, then it may be better to go with a higher cost provider elsewhere.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for coming back to me.

Yes I have seen your Fair Usage Policy. But it doesn’t list your unlimited data deal, and I want to make absolutely sure whether I can download up to 350GB of data for the just under two month visit to Spain. This obviously before I change from my current provider.

Thanks

Adesjeep

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Adesjeep,

We do have a Fair Usage Policy on our roaming.

This only applies to specific plans though.

If you head to: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy

You can then select the plan & price to see if one is applicable.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?