Solved

Using in USA

• 11 February 2019
  • 6 replies

I'm on Id plan. Can I use this when on holiday in America?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 11 February 2019, 23:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Nope - iD don’t have a roaming plan for the USA.

That’s awful. I’m here with all my colleagues who have EE, Vodafone, 3 etc. They have all bought cheap bundles or already have USA included. I’m going to have to rethink my contract next time it’s up for renewal; I come here quite a lot and 30p/Mb is an outrageous cost. I had thought before I’d arrived that it was included in the ‘roam like home’ list but was shocked that I’d used up my cap before I got off the plane

Hi @Chowarth

If you do visit alot, it’s always best to check each networks roaming page to see what’s included as not all network provide add-ons/inclusive roaming in the countries you’ll be visiting.

Our page here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming does show our inclusive destinations.

Sorry if we weren’t able to make it clearer at the point of purchase.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s awful. I’m here with all my colleagues who have EE, Vodafone, 3 etc. They have all bought cheap bundles or already have USA included. I’m going to have to rethink my contract next time it’s up for renewal; I come here quite a lot and 30p/Mb is an outrageous cost. I had thought before I’d arrived that it was included in the ‘roam like home’ list but was shocked that I’d used up my cap before I got off the plane

iD Mobile’s roam like home is restricted to EU states and few other ‘European’ countries.

iD Mobile offer cheap and cheerful plans - maybe your colleagues have business mobile plans, which aren’t available from iD.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could get a local SIM card once you’re in the USA, or just use any free Wi-Fi networks while you’re over there - have a good trip.

Is there a plan I can pay for to use in the US rather than the rolling 30p per megabyte? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Edna65

Yes you can use it in America. Here you can find list of prices for messaging and texting.

Just make sure that roaming has been activated in your ID Mobile App.

Regards

Why iD Mobile?