Solved

Using plan minutes in Australia

• 13 April 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to call a UK landline from Australia using my UK mobile, without success.
The ID Mobile help pages say..

"3. Use your phone like at home.

Minutes, text & data will come out of your allowance*.
* You can use your minutes to call someone in the UK or the same destination you're in. You'll be charged for calls to all other non-UK destinations. (Note: if you're in the USA or Australia you can call other UK numbers, but USA or Australian phone numbers will be charged at international rates)."
I've set my plan excess to £0 to avoid excessive data roaming charges and am loathe to amend this.
So, can I call the UK using my plan minutes and if so, what do I need to do this? Or have I misunderstood this?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 April 2019, 13:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Johnboy252

You will occure additional charges by calling UK from USA or Australia.

As this part has stated it
Note: if you're in the USA or Australia you can call other UK numbers, but USA or Australian phone numbers will be charged at international rates.

Below I have included screenshot of the charges

Bare in mind that you would need to adjust your cap limit to anything above £0 in order to call UK from Australia.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm trying to call a UK landline from Australia using my UK mobile, without success.
The ID Mobile help pages say..

"3. Use your phone like at home.

Minutes, text & data will come out of your allowance*.* You can use your minutes to call someone in the UK or the same destination you're in. You'll be charged for calls to all other non-UK destinations. (Note: if you're in the USA or Australia you can call other UK numbers, but USA or Australian phone numbers will be charged at international rates)."I've set my plan excess to £0 to avoid excessive data roaming charges and am loathe to amend this.So, can I call the UK using my plan minutes and if so, what do I need to do this? Or have I misunderstood this?

Hey @Johnboy252,

USA & Australia Roaming are not included on our plans with the exception of the older Takeaway plans.

The Takeaway plans which we offered at the beginning of time provided Roaming to USA & Australia as shown in the above quote.
All new plans, no longer provided this.

The inclusive destinations are now found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

The following however, is the page for Roaming on a Takeaway plan: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/takeaway

We no longer offer this plan if you were looking to switch as it's now obsolete.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?