Solved

Why are international calls to holland meant to bw inclusive but then you charge for them?

• 18 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I checked my international calls were selected on my account management, I then gave it a few minutes more before calling a 0031 (dialling code for Holland) phone number, which should be part of my plan. I left a message which took possibly 10 seconds thereabouts, then I hung up.

Now I have a charge listed as international calls which I refuse to pay.

I would be extremely grateful if a human being could override the computer and amend this rather than just inform me of the computer system error and deal with it without the need for back and forth on here.

You have details of my agreement and what is included in the package and can see by the logged call and the details I provide here with regard to it that an error of sorts is now passed onto me, the paying customer.

I must stress i do not intend to continually log back in on here to discuss further details and even if it is only 18pence I won't be paying it either.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and I sincerely thank the person who rectifies this issue.

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 20 April 2021, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

​
Hi @steh575,

Sorry to hear about the charges that you have received. 

Unfortunately Unlimited Calls doesn’t include calling outside of the UK.

You can find further information via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

For Pay Monthly customers the charge per minute to call a landline is 18p which means that you have been charged correctly.

If you require further assistance please let us know.

Kash

iD Mobile

Badge

Who told you I had unlimited calls?

If I had unlimited calls then I would expect them to be in the uk, where I am, yet I do not have unlimited calls. I have the free calls to 52 countries thing that is hoisted up as a selling point for IDMobile contracts, I went abroad last year and connected through a foreign network and didnt get charged but now I am here in the uk calling on the ID network I am being charged, if you can call 52 countries as part of your plan I expect it to be part of my plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @steh575 

It seems like you may have misunderstood the difference between roaming and international charges here. Roaming is when you use your phone abroad (Outside the UK). International is when you call or text abroad from the UK. (the UK to another country)

All iD Mobile plans come with inclusive EU roaming. This feature lets you roam like at home in 50 destinations throughout the EU. More info regarding this can be viewed here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming. The minutes, texts, and data you use whilst roaming (In one of the Band1 and Band 2 countries) simply come out of your remaining monthly allowances. Roaming does not apply whilst you are in the UK and you will be charged outside of your allowance if you wanted to call or text abroad. 

The Table below shows how much you will be charged when you contact Holland whilst in the UK: 

Hope this helps.

-Mohsin

Badge

No mate I get it but you're right I have misread or misinterpreted it to have inclusive calls, I was certain I read that the inclusive minutes were free to certain countries but unless the wording has been changed I can only assume that this is how it's always been written and I mistook what I read back when I first got the phone.

After getting the charge I looked and found the same info you forwarded above and dont know how I could have got it wrong but I did so I apologise and will pay it by the next payment date.

Cheers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Not to worry @steh575 

Feel free to message us for any issues you may have. Take care.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?