F.A.Q.

How do I switch from iD Mobile to another provider?

• 17 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Switching (also known as porting) to a different network is straightforward. You’ll need to request a PAC or STAC code from us, you then give this code to your new provider and they’ll take care of the switch.

The process differs slightly depending on whether or not you want to keep your phone number.

How do I switch provider and take my number with me?

To move your number from one network to another, you need a PAC code.

What is a PAC?

A porting authorisation code (PAC) is a unique identifier used by mobile networks to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP) – meaning you can change provider while keeping the same mobile number. It’s normally 9 characters long with 3 letters followed by 6 numbers, for example ABC123456.

How do I request a PAC?

You can request a PAC via text, the iD Mobile App, or your online account. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway.

• Request a PAC by text

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999) and we'll text you back with your PAC

• Request a PAC online
  1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

3. Click Switch or Cancel Now 

4. Choose Get PAC code and follow the instructions

What happens once I’ve received my PAC?

1. You need to contact your new provider and give them your PAC
  2. They’ll contact us to start switching your number over
  3. Once the switch is complete, your contract with iD Mobile will be cancelled and we'll stop billing you from that date
  4. We’ll send you a final bill which will include any outstanding charges to pay

You have 30 days to send your PAC to your new provider, if you don’t use it within that time, your account with us will stay open and you'll be charged for our service as normal. If you still want to switch, you can just request a new PAC.

How long does it take to switch my phone number to my new provider?

Your phone number should be switched over within one working day. If you give your new provider your PAC before 5.30pm (Mon-Fri), the switch will happen between 8am and 10pm on the next working day. If they get your PAC after 5.30pm or over a weekend or bank holiday, you’ll switch on the following working day.

If it takes any longer, you’re entitled to compensation from your new provider. Most networks will automatically credit your account with one day worth of line-rental credit for every day that the switch is delayed.

How do I switch provider without taking my number with me?

To move to another network and get a new number, you need a STAC code.

What is a STAC?

A service termination authorisation code (STAC) is a unique number that allows you to easily switch providers and get a new phone number. It’s usually 9 characters long with 6 numbers followed by 3 letters, for example 123456ABC.

How do I request a STAC?

You can request a STAC via text, the iD Mobile App, or your online account. It’s free of charge and will be with you straightaway.

• Request a STAC by text

Text STAC DDMMYY to 75075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999) and we'll text you back with your STAC

• Request a STAC online

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

4. Choose Get STAC code and follow the instructions  

What happens once I’ve received my STAC?

1. You need to contact your new provider and give them your STAC
  2. They’ll contact us to switch you to their network
  3. Once the switch is complete, your contract with iD Mobile will be cancelled and we'll stop billing you from that date
  4. We’ll send you a final bill which will include any outstanding charges to pay

You have 30 days to send your STAC to your new provider. If you don’t use it within that time, your account with us will stay open and you'll be charged for our service as normal. If you still want to switch, you can just request a new STAC.

How long does it take to switch to my new provider?

Your service should be switched over within one working day. If you give your new provider your STAC before 5.30pm (Mon-Fri), the switch will happen between 8am and 10pm on the next working day. If they get your STAC after 5.30pm or over a weekend or bank holiday, you’ll switch on the following working day.

If it takes any longer, you’re entitled to compensation from your new provider. Most networks will automatically credit your account with one day worth of line-rental credit every day until the switch is complete.

How much will it cost to leave iD?

If you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. This will be equivalent to the total cost of all monthly charges remaining until the end of the minimum term of your agreement.  

You can view your estimated leaving cost in the iD Mobile App or My Account online, just follow the steps below:   

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

4. Choose Leaving cost and follow the instructions

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?