Solved

Accidentally bought an upgrade AND changed my plan. What do I do?

• 12 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

So I’m not very well-versed with mobile upgrades and stuff, but today I saw the ‘upgrades’ tab on my dashboard and saw that I could upgrade to a cheaper plan than my current one.

So I bought and ordered the (SIM-only) upgrade, gave my address etc. and that seems to be on the way pretty soon.

However, I also saw that instead of ordering a whole new SIM through the store, I could just change my plan to a cheaper one? So I had a look and accidentally changed the plan with ease.

So I’m not sure what to do now. Should I cancel the upgrade I ordered or keep it? Is there a risk of losing my number if I do?

Edit: Just realised this is in the wrong topic but I don’t know how to delete it or move it. Sorry.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 17:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @CountJac 

As you have seleted upgrade, you will still keep your number, its only your tariff and monthly payments that would change 

Have you signed up to a 30 day SIM only upgrade?

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

HI @CountJac 

As you have seleted upgrade, you will still keep your number, its only your tariff and monthly payments that would change 

Have you signed up to a 30 day SIM only upgrade?

Michelle

iD Mobile 

It’s a pay monthly SIM-only upgrade. It was a limited time deal on the store.

I spoke to someone on the live chat and they mentioned that I couldn’t cancel the upgrade until it arrived since it had already been approved and was through picking. As far as I know, the best course of action seems to be to wait for the new sim to arrive and then cancel it without actually using it - that way my current sim and plan stays intact.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @CountJac 

It would be best to wait until the sim has arrived. Did you change your plan on the iD app to the same tariff as you chose to upgrade? Or was it a different plan?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @CountJac 

It would be best to wait until the sim has arrived. Did you change your plan on the iD app to the same tariff as you chose to upgrade? Or was it a different plan?

-Mohsin

I’m pretty sure I changed it to the same - £8 a month, 1 month contract, unlimited minutes and texts, 8GB data. That’s what it says on the plan tab on my dashboard now and in the order reference for the upgrade I bought.

Userlevel 1

Ok so I got a follow-up email summarising my new upgrade and it seems to be the exact same as my current plan anyway. I’m realising that I never needed to upgrade when the plan change was all I needed to do (I’m on SIM-only anyway and just wanted a cheaper plan) and I ended up doing both by accident.

Should I just activate and switch to the new SIM that’s arriving? Or cancel it and stay on my current SIM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CountJac,

What exactly does the follow-up email say?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @CountJac,

What exactly does the follow-up email say?

Will

Don’t worry, I contacted an agent through the customer support live chat yesterday and they sorted everything out for me. The upgrade had already replaced my old plan so they told me to keep the new Sim and even activated it for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for the update @CountJac 

Why iD Mobile?