Solved

bills higher than expected

• 23 December 2020
  • 13 replies

Normally I get charged about 35 pound for my bills. But this month I have been charged 49 pound. I looked on my bill breakdown and there is no extra charges on there apart from 60p on photo messages in which was at the bottom. It also says my next bill will be in February and not January?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 12:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Becky56777,

Have you changed Direct Debit dates or plans at all or upgraded?

These are all factors to why your bill will show higher.

Check the dates for the line rental, are these showing as more than a months worth?

If you check your last bill you’ll be able to see your normal billing period and this new bill should have different dates.

If you have changed the Direct Debit date, upgraded or changed pans then the bill is correct and due to either a larger biling period (Direct Debit date change) or pro-rata line rental (upgrade/plan change).

Mohammed

Dear od mobile y my bill is high £9 also i set up direct debit long time ago now i see its not sett my bank told me. I want to set up direct debit

Can u set up direct debit for me

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Ashu Miah 

Have you checked over your last bill to see if there any out of plan charges?

You may find the below link useful when trying to understand your bill:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill

You can set up or amend your Direct Debit details using the iD Mobile App or by logging in to My Account.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi, so I have been with I’d mobile for about 2 months, my first bill was the agreed 34.99 a month, but now my second bill is saying 53.58 yet I have not made any out of plan changes so how come it is more? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Haydnellwood19 

Please can you check to see what your billing cycle is set to through your iD App? This may potentially be due to being billed for longer than a month. Also, just to advise, you can set your Spend Cap to 0 to ensure you do not go outside your monthly allowance.

-Mohsin

Hi, I’ve checked and it is no longer than a month but instead I’ve been charged vat, which was not charged on my first bill so why would this be? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Haydnellwood19,

Your plan you agreed to will be the price you’ll be paying + any extra usage.

VAT isn’t charged additionally but simply broken down in your bill.

So if your price was £10.00 per month, you’ll still be charged £10.00 but on the bill you will see the price without VAT and then a part that says VAT after.

But the total for the line rental will still be £10.00 per month.

Did you change your Direct Debit date at all?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello I have checked my account and there is a message that I have not paid my bill for last month but the direct debit has been taken and my payment history shows that I have paid. Please can you help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @Claret12,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the message please? Just so we can see whether or not it’s some sort of scam.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will, my account said that my bill was for £12 when my monthly payment is £6 and a red banner at the top of the page was requesting me to pay my arrears. After posting on the community the problem was resolved when I next checked and I presumed that ID had sorted the problem out. So unfortunately I do not have a screen shot. I would just like to point out that I was never in arrears with my payments.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Claret12,

So is the matter resolved now sorry, or has it happened again?

Will

Userlevel 1

At the moment everything seems to be ok and my account is as normal. Thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?