Question

Cancelling Sim only and setting up contracr

• 29 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have just started a new contract through Carphone warehouse with id mobile, but I already had a sim only plan with id mobile. How do I cancel the sim only plan and move the old number on to my new contract? I have requested a pac code from sim only plan but not sure what to do now?

many thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paige Marsden,

Unfortunately you can’t move your current iD Mobile number to a new iD Mobile account.

If you wish to keep the number you’ll need to upgrade instead.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your help - I feel like this should be stated somewhere so people know they will lose their number - I have a business and now I have to change everything just because you can do a swap of numbers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Paige,

Our contracts sold are residential contracts so we would always recommend getting a business purchase if you’re going to be using this for business purposes. 

Did you ask at the time of placing the order?

If you purchased via our Sales Team you would have been informed if you had mentioned about the number port.

If you don’t want to upgrade, nor return. you can look at doing a triangle port but it’s not something we recommend due to complexity.

This involves porting the number you want to keep to a different network PAYG SIM.

Then getting a new PAC code after to switch to your new iD plan. 

Why iD Mobile?