Solved

Change from Pay Monthly contract to SIM Only plan

• 3 January 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

My account says that my current contract ends on 28/02/2021. But it also says that I’m allowed to upgrade.

As part of upgrade can change my plan from Pay Monthly contract to SIM only contract please that will lower the cost of my monthly outgoing?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 January 2021, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @drmouna,

We allow handset upgrades to happen 60-days before the end of the 24-month period. If you would rather change to a SIM-only plan, then towards the end of the contract you should be able to see SIM-only upgrades shown within the upgrade sections of your account too. 🙂

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thank you Ryan!! Much appreciate!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

That’s no problem @drmouna! Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

In my account, I still see “recommended upgrade” with new handset. then it has link next to it “view all upgrades”. When I click on that I see all upgrades available including SIM only plan. I selected one of the SIM only plan that was added to basket.

Can I check if this will add as additional SIM with the current plan or will it update current plan to SIM only plan? I was not sure as it doesn’t mention anything about replacing the current plan.

P.S. there is separate section of “Manage my plan” with link for “Change my plan” that doesn’t list SIM Only plan.

I’m not sure whether I need to check the “recommended upgrade deal” section or “Manage my plan” section for changing to SIM Only plan. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Mouna

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @drmouna 

We can confirm this will be upgrading the current plan to a sim only plan. We advise choosing from the ‘recommended upgrade deals’ as this will show the best upgrade deals available for you.

Kind regards

Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thank you Mohsin!! I will choose the SIM only plan from “recommended upgrade deals” section.

Thanks,

Mouna

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Excellent stuff @drmouna, glad we cold help.

Please let us know if ever you need anything else in the future.

Will

I have chosen an upgrade to sim only at the end of Feb for £8 a month

I have activated my sim only card.

Why do you still charge me £26.01 a month for March and April?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mtreasure 

Please can you check your most recent bill to see the billing date. This may be a higher bill due to being billed for more than 1-2 months. You can check your billing cycle through your iD Mobile app.

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin

I have checked my most recent monthly bills.

February £25.96

March     £25.66

April       £26.01

Martyn 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mtreasure 

We will send you a Private message now so we can look into this for you. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Wouldn’t it be beneficial to the community if this topic was continued publicly? 
I’m coming to the end of my contract shortly and wish to keep my phone and change to a sim only deal. It would be interesting to know what pitfalls are in store for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Roscoe,

In regards to upgrading and switching to a SIM only deal, Ryan has already publicly answered this in the featured best answer.

Hi @drmouna,

We allow handset upgrades to happen 60-days before the end of the 24-month period. If you would rather change to a SIM-only plan, then towards the end of the contract you should be able to see SIM-only upgrades shown within the upgrade sections of your account too. 🙂

Ryan

You can switch to a SIM only in the last 20-days, just log into your app/account, click My Account > Upgrade > then scroll till you see SIM Only

The reason we moved to PM for the above query for a different customer was we needed to see the account to look at the bills and this isn’t something we can do publicly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?