Question

Change my plan to one advertised online.

• 27 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I have seen a plan that is offered by iD online, but not available on my iD app. This plan offers more data than I am getting presently with the same unlimited calls and texts for the same cost per month of £6. I am on a SIM only rolling 30 day contract. 

My wife is on the same as I am with iD and we wish to both go onto this deal advertised online.

I have attached a crew shop on the online deal. 

Please advised on how to do this. 

Regards,

Robert & Patricia Alston 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @trebor808,

It’s not unusual for mobile networks to offer better deals to ‘new’ customers, as per your screen-shot.

If you want that deal you’ll need to ask for a PAC and take your number to a PAYG account somewhere else.

Once you’ve switched chose the ‘new’ customer deal you want from iD and get another PAC from the PAYG operator to bring your number back to iD.

All this requires some determination and effort, which deters most people and is exactly why ‘new’ customers are offered better deals than existing customers.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply. This sounds so unfair and I thought this practice had ended some time ago, where existing customers were penalised. Perhaps someone on here who works for iD could raise this issue and suggest a change where existing customers are treated  exactly the same as new ones. 

If I did what you suggested, I’d only go half way and stay with the company I’d changed to and not look back. 

Regards. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes indeed @trebor808, I agree.

It does seem unfair, but so many companies work this way. I guess the best way to protest is by taking your custom elsewhere, as most companies rely on customer inertia.

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I am unable to locate that deal on the ID Mobile website’s shop:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals

Is it one listed on a third party website @trebor808? If so, @andewhite is probably correct with the information he has provided above. I would wait around for a member of the ID Mobile to confirm this though, as ID Mobile have in the past switched existing customers on to tariffs listed on third party websites. 🙂

Good luck! 🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your replies. I was directed to iD from moneysavingexport.com, so may explain why you can’t find it directly. 

Regards. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone for replying. It’s obvious that iD are prepared to lose me as a customer, as nobody representing them on this forum have taken the trouble to address my query. Therefore, I will be switching to a different provider. Regards, Robert. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks for your replies. I was directed to iD from moneysavingexport.com, so may explain why you can’t find it directly. 

Regards. 

A third party offer then.

Thanks everyone for replying. It’s obvious that iD are prepared to lose me as a customer, as nobody representing them on this forum have taken the trouble to address my query. Therefore, I will be switching to a different provider. Regards, Robert. 

Probably just an oversight to be honest. Have you tried Live Chat?

http://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Userlevel 1

It appears that the live chat is just a ‘bot’, system, as when I tried it, I got so far then it referred me to this forum 🤔. Thanks. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yea, just type in speak to an agent...

Userlevel 1

Finally, got sorted in a roundabout way. Had to change contract to a lower one - 2GB - with a 3GB loyalty applied. Frustrated that the first agent lost contact on the chat and I had to go through it all again. Thanks. 

Why iD Mobile?