Question

changing phones

I want to give my old phone to my partner but need some help. Do I buy a new SIM card for my phone and then transfer the data from his phone. He wants to keep his old number?

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @mosie 

Please confirm if you are keeping the SIM or just giving the handset? 

Regards

Aklima 

Hi, 

I would like to get in touch with someone about my son’s id-mobile contract.  Either by email or phone (your chat room online does not appear to be working)

My son is currently on a £5 per month SIM contract, using my old iPhone 5.  We have bought him an unlocked re-furbished iPhone 7 and plan to pass on the iPhone 5 to my daughter.

My question is - 

Can I just transfer his sim to the new iPhone 7?  And can I arrange for another £5 per month contract to set up my daughter (with a new number) on the iPhone 5.

Please contact me with details on how best I can seek answers to my questions.

Many thanks

Jeannette King

I posted the above post - it is impossible to find where to post my question so I didn’t mean to tag it as a reply.  Please can someone from idmobile please contact me.

Hi, 

I would like to get in touch with someone about my son’s id-mobile contract.  Either by email or phone (your chat room online does not appear to be working)

My son is currently on a £5 per month SIM contract, using my old iPhone 5.  We have bought him an unlocked re-furbished iPhone 7 and plan to pass on the iPhone 5 to my daughter.

My question is - 

Can I just transfer his sim to the new iPhone 7?  And can I arrange for another £5 per month contract to set up my daughter (with a new number) on the iPhone 5.

Please contact me with details on how best I can seek answers to my questions.

Many thanks

Jeannette King

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JKing,

Your sons SIM card should be able to be inserted into the phone just fine without needing to do anything on the account level. In regards to a SIM card for your daughter, you can purchase a brand new SIM-only plan from our website to use in the old phone.

Ryan

Hi, I need to change my mobile as it doesn't charge properly I have to keep restarting my phone every couple of days, I think my contract has been automatically started again with out letting me know when it had finished.can someone get back to me .

Regards Amanda

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Amanda Beale,

Unless you let us know you want to cancel a contract, it would always continue as normal. If you have the iD Mobile App, it will let you know when you’re able to upgrade as well as showing you all the great deals available to you.

Will

Hi, I have only recently got the app, it would help to spk to a person, it doesn't resolve the problem if my phone needing to replaced, how do I sort that out ,? 

Regards Amanda

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Amanda,

How long have you had the phone for, and what is the make and model? If you’re due an upgrade, that would solve the problem of replacing your phone if it’s out of warranty.

Will

Hi I gave had my phone for 2 years, it is a Nokia 6.1 it's a good phone 8 gig of data , I'd like another Nokia phone as they are easy for me to work.

Regards Amanda

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Amanda Beale,

If it’s over 2 years, then it would be outside of warranty, so an upgrade would be your best bet.

Please click here to see the Nokia handsets we currently offer.

Hope you find something you like.

Will

Just had a look and there is nothing I like not much data and phones don't look very good are there any other phones? I need unlimited texts and calls and same sort of data 8 gig and same sort of price a month

Regards Amanda

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Amanda Beale,

They were only the Nokia phones. If you look at the iD mobile App, you’ll see lot of different plans available to you, with a variety of handsets.

Will

Why iD Mobile?