Solved

End of contract - Change to SIM only

• 11 September 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

My I'd pay monthly contract ends next month. How can I change to a sim only deal with my same phone

icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 March 2021, 15:01

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Ramjon94 and welcome to the iD Mobile Community here.

Once you come to the end of your current contract.  You’ll be able to log in to the iD Mobile App or into the My Account area on our website and look at Plan Changes within there.

Simply select one of the SIM-only options as opposed to any sort of 24-month contract with a phone and you’ll be all set.

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin, thanks for the info but can you give me a little more? My 24 month contract ends on 8th October, can I renew onto an ID sim only deal before that date or must I wait until the 9th before changing. Regards, Ramjon94

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Kevin, thanks for the info but can you give me a little more? My 24 month contract ends on 8th October, can I renew onto an ID sim only deal before that date or must I wait until the 9th before changing. Regards, Ramjon94

Hello @Ramjon94,

You can upgrade usually in the last 20-days of your contract, so late September.

In some cases, we’ve seen reports that the option still doesn’t show until the contract has fully expired, in which case, you will need to wait until the 8th to upgrade to a SIM-only plan.

If you have any issues, just let us know here.

Check your app/account in the last 20-days and see what happens.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Ramjon94 did you manage to switch?  
My contract expires in 10 days and the only options are to upgrate to more expensive 2 yr contracts.  No sim only deal offered.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I was advised to wait until the date of my contract ending for a sim only deal. Apparently  you can do a new 24 month contract  several days before the old one ends, but better to wait to do a sim only deal. My 24 month contract ends 8th October so I'll be going for the sim only deal on the 8th or 9th Oct . If you contact me again on, say the 10th I'll let you know how I did. Hope this is of help to you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @bannadi 

Once the contract is up you should be able to do a plan change within your iD Mobile App.  Just select any SIM-only plan of your like there.

@Ramjon94 you should be able to select one today we’d expect?

In any case where you make an over payment (due to going from a pay monthly contract to a SIM-only one), you’ll receive a credit back reflected on your next coming bill that is generated after the plan change.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kevin that really was most helpful

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I think it has been sorted out!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bannadi & @Ramjon94 

That’s good to hear, let us know if either of you need anything else.

Ryan

I’ve tried to follow the instructions to change to a SIM only contract (my 24 month contract having expired but when I go to Plan Changes it only lists contract deals, not SIM only deals - so How do I change over please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Peters 

Are you able to check the upgrade option through your app to see if it shows any sim deals there?

-Mohsin

Yes I am, will that automatically cancel my existing contract and replace it with the SIM only deal?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes @Richard Peters 

That is correct. If you select the upgrade option, you will be able to select from the sim-only deals. You will receive a new sim card, however, you can carry on using your existing sim card as the new tariff plan will be updated on that sim.

-Mohsin

OK, will give it a try but your app has stopped working at present. Have reinstalled it but no improvement and can’t get in

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Richard Peters 

There had been a reported issue with our self-care app, this has now been resolved. 

Are you now able to login ok and select a SIM-only plan?

Regards,

Michelle 

ID Mobile 

Got in this morning and have hopefully changed from contract to SIM only

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Fantastic @Richard Peters!

Cheers for letting us know.

Will

Why iD Mobile?