Sticky Tutorial

How to change your plan using the app or My Account

• 19 March 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3
We want your iD plan to fit you perfectly. That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to change plans – WITHOUT extending the length of your contract.

So, if you think there’s something missing from your current plan, why not switch to one that’s just right? If you’re eligible, here’s how you can do it online or with your app:

• Go to the 'My Account' page.

• Go to ‘My Plan’, then ‘Change my plan’.

• Choose a new plan from the ones listed, and 'confirm'.

We'll then process your plan change in 30 minutes or so.

Need more info on changing your plan? Here are a few questions we get asked a lot:

How do I know if I’m eligible to change my plan?

Here are the only reasons you WON'T be eligible to change plan:

• You've been with us less than 30 days.

• You've changed plans in the last 31 days.

• You don't have an active Direct Debit with us.

• You've got a disconnection request pending.

What's the difference between a plan change and an upgrade?

A plan change lets you choose a different monthly cost and set of allowances, without changing your handset or extending the length of your contract.

An upgrade, on the other hand, gives you the opportunity of changing plan and getting a brand new handset. The length of your contract will be extended when you upgrade.

How will my current month's cost and allowances be worked out when I change plan?

When you change plan, your billing period remains the same – no changes there.

So, until your next bill is produced, your current month's plan cost and allowances are worked out as follows:

• Plan cost - The pro-rated totals from your old and new plans. You pay your line rental in advance, so you'll get a credit in your next bill for the extra line rental you've paid.

• Allowances - The total allowances from your old plan, plus the pro-rated total from your new plan.

The fact that we don't pro-rate your old allowances is good news, because it means there's a chance you’ll end up with a few extra allowances until your next billing period starts!

Why hasn't my data been rolled over from my old plan to my new one?

Sorry, you can't roll over unused data from the billing period when you changed plans. Instead, your Data Rollover will re-start at the beginning of your new plan's first new billing period.

Got a question on changing your plan that hasn't been answered above? Then go ahead and post it below.

21 replies

Hi
I changed my plan March last year and my contract extended for 24months.
I have been with ID since 2015.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Shady75,

Looks like you upgraded here as opposed to changing plans.
Upgrading to a new contract will carry a new 24-month term (unless stated otherwise).

With upgrades to a new handset plan, you'd receive a handset as part of the contract.

Changing plans simply amends the tariff you are currently on.

Mohammed
If I changed plan when old plan has finished what is new duration?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @swimmer 24,

If you're just changing your SIM only plan, then they are all just 1 month rolling SIM cards, meaning you can cancel at any time when giving us a 30-day notice period.

When upgrading a handset plan at the end of your minimum term, you would be signing up for another 24-month plan.

Ryan

How do I log in when it is not accepting anything that I use

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Junebowen 

Are you having trouble logging in?

Please contact our Live Chat team who should be able to assist you with your account.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 3

hmm i cant change me plan it saying i need a direct debt setup?  i normally pay my bill  manually  could this be a reason...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Raymond,

Direct Debit needs to be active for the plan change, but you can then cancel this after changing plans if you like?

Mohammed

How do I change from PAYG to having a pay monthly SIM only? My ID app says it is possible (in the help section) but did not tell me how. Please help!

I am on ID PAYG now, but want to keep my number and swap to pay monthly instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @torimorg,

It’s not possible to convert from PAYG to PAYM unfortunately.

You’ll need to purchase a new PAYM contract. The number can’t be transferred internally, but you can by porting out to a different network, then from that network to iD.

Mohammed

Cool, thanks for your quick response and confirmation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No probelm @torimorg  :)

Glad I could help/answer this.

Mohammed

I am wanting to change thw plan for my son to give more data, howwvwr says no  plans available.

I have an active dd, over 31 days into contact??

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello, 

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team? They can check to see if there are any plan changes available to you. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Thanks  i just kept getting the automated responses  so need to be patient and wait for it to show available rather than just start chat

Userlevel 1

I am eligible for an upgrade now. i’m keeping my current phone and changing my plan. if i change my plan for a new plan online, will my current plan automatically end so i will not still be paying for it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Daniel.Huxley,

If you upgrade the line, the current tariff will stop and the new one will take its place. If you take out a new line, you’ll have two lines, so be sure to process the upgrade or tariff change.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will, 

What do you mean by ‘line’?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Daniel.Huxley,

By “line” I’m referring to your telephone line that you have with us.

Does that clear things up?

Will

I am currently on an unlimited data plan (SIM only), and by billing period runs until 7th June. I would like to switch to a cheaper plan for next month onwards. If I change my plan on the app now, will this only activate on the 7th June, once my current plan has ended, or will it start immediately and mean that I lose my unlimited data for this month? I don’t want to accidentally lose any money by setting up the new plan in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Ellen R, plan changes take effect within 24 hours, so I’d wait until the start of your next billing period.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?