How to upgrade your iD Mobile phone online

• 5 March 2020
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Upgrading is a great way to get a new smartphone without having to pay for the handset upfront. This basically means that you get a brand-new phone, you can extend your current plan and get to keep your existing number. It’s a win all around.

It’s also a great time to check and see if your calls, texts and data allowances are working for you. If you feel you need some more data to browse the web freely when you’re on the go, you can select a plan with a greater allowance to avoid running out before your airtime renews.

Of course, it works the other way too. If you’re left over with too many remaining minutes at the end of the month, you can still get a better handset but limit your allowances to reduce your monthly bill.

But how can you upgrade with iD Mobile? This handy step-by-step guide has all the answers you need:

1. Log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online.
  2. If you’re eligible for an upgrade, you’ll see a new tile on the Dashboard. Simply click ‘View all upgrade deals’ to see what’s available. If you don’t see it, don’t worry, you can still see if you’re eligible by going to the ‘My Account’ page and selecting ‘Check if I can upgrade’. If you can, you’ll be taken to a page where you can view our available deals.
  3. Select your phone and plan and click ‘continue’.
  4. Confirm your details are correct and complete order.

Can I cancel my upgrade?

If you upgraded online or over the phone, you can cancel within 14 days. Once you do this, you’ll receive a refund and revert to your original plan. If you upgraded in store, unfortunately you cannot cancel your upgrade.

I already have an Add-on on my existing plan. Will I lose this?

No, you won’t lose your Add-on. When you upgrade to a new plan, your existing Add-ons are simply moved over. Easy.

And if you no longer need your Add-ons, just head to ‘My Add-ons’, select the one you want to remove, and choose the ‘Remove’ option.

What happens if I upgrade part of the way through my current billing month?

Not a problem. You'll receive prorated credit for your original line rental, and a prorated charge for your new plan. You'll also be charged a full month's line rental in advance of your upcoming bill. And finally, any out of bundle charges for the previous month will also be applied.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?