Solved

I recently bought another phone on ID mobile, I want to cancel the old one and keep the old number on the new one

I recently purchased a new contract phone via uswitch. This purchase was not an upgrade via ID mobile so the old contract hasn’t been cancelled, it is a separate contract. I would like to add the new phone to my existing account, cancel the old contract and keep my old number (also on ID mobile) on my new phone.  

I can’t seem to get in contact with ID customer services because of covid, nor can I get on the live chat feature. 

Any Help?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 9 August 2020, 15:43

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Matt04 

Technically speaking, what you’re describing there is simply a new purchase (not an upgrade).  We wouldn’t have a means to transfer the old number (still on iD Mobile) to another active iD Mobile line.

You could either cancel the old contract and lose the number.

Return the new order, and then log in to your old account and do an upgrade within the iD Mobile App/ our website.

Or.  Move your old number to another network (on a Pay As You Go SIM), then once moved, you could then move that number from the other network, over to your new contract you have with us.

Please let us know how you’d like to proceed or ask any further questions and we’ll help you further here with that.

That is SUCH  a rubbish process - and not what was described to me in the shop when I bought another sim card - the old one is in the lost phone.

Why can’t I speak to an ID Mobile person?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Lloyd , 

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

If you wish to keep the number you’ll need to upgrade or order a replacement SIM if you have lost the SIM.

Kash

I went to Curry’s and bought another ID Mobile sim - but the guys in the store were unable to do anything other than sell me the replacement card. £5 down the drain because I still couldn’t get in to my account - all verification attempts from iD Mobile and from Apple have been sent (unbelievably stupidly) to the phone I’ve lost.

So, NO, this fascetious answer was very far from helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris Lloyd,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have exactly the same issue.  I found a better deal with USwitch so got the new phone but want to keep my old number (really really important I do) both with iD mobile.  How do I do this?  Otherwise I’ll be sending the new phone back

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne Simpson,

We can’t transfer one iD Mobile number from one account to another.

If you don’t want to upgrade and want to keep the new contract instead you can look at what’s called a triangle port.

Simply obtain a PAC code for your old iD Mobile number and move it to a different network (Pay As You Go SIM). Once the number has successfully moved to the new network you can obtain a PAC code from them and move the number back to iD Mobile to replace the new contract number.

If you require any help, please let us know.

Kash

I'm waiting for retention to call me back as this is absolutely absurd!!  Other mobile companies can port numbers internally but apparently ID Mobile can't!!  I'll be taking my business elsewhere at this rate!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Joanne Simpson,

Not all networks can do internal number ports. O2 and EE do not offer this and I believe nor do Three UK.

Vodafone offer this but it’s a 2 step process and takes up to 30-days usually.

The process of porting a number is designed for taking your number to a new network.

It is not configured for transferring numbers internally as this process requires different steps.

Mohammed

Ridiculous! We are in 2023 not 1923!!  They've lost my business now as its shambolic! Even if they can't do it there are ways of keeping my custom which they clearly aren't bothered about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne Simpson,

I’m sorry that you feel this way.

As mentioned previously you can look into a triangle port.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?