Solved

I've taken out a new SIM-only, what happens to my existing contract?

• 17 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I am happy with my phone and do not want to upgrade. I have purchased a sim only deal on a monhly rolling contract. As I am already with iD will I have to port my number, will I keep the same account number and will the old direct debit cease from 25 th April to allow sim only direct debit?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 April 2018, 16:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Kikini,

If you've already got a phone contract with us that's ended, you can simply upgrade to a SIM-only plan if you didn't want a new phone contract.

From what you've advised, you've instead taken out a new SIM-only plan.

It's not possible to port from an existing iD plan to new iD plan as this causes the number to be lost.

If you're happy to lose your number, then you can request a 30-day disconnection for your phone contract and leave the SIM-only plan active. You can then register a new iD account on our website.

If you did want to keep your phone number, the best resolution would be to return the SIM-only plan and process an upgrade to a SIM-only on your phone contract. In this scenario, you would keep your old iD Account.

Hope this clarifies.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thank you. I have cancelled new plan sim and upgraded to sim contract to keep my I'd account and same mobile number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thank you. I have cancelled new plan sim and upgraded to sim contract to keep my I'd account and same mobile number.

Glad to hear you've been able to resolve this @Kikini,

If you need any further help, let us know!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?