Solved

keeping my old number in my new phone.

• 3 December 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a new upgraded phone through ID mobile. I want to keep my old number and sim card, also with ID mobile, in my new device. How do I do this? My account still has the old plan in it, not the new plan.

Please advise.

Jack.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 December 2019, 18:32

View original

5 replies

I have a new upgraded phone through ID mobile. I want to keep my old number and sim card, also with ID mobile, in my new device. How do I do this? My account still has the old plan in it, not the new plan.

Please advise.

Jack.

Afaik you have to Pac (Porting Authorisation Code}  the number you want to keep to a different network and then Pac it back to id...Don’t think you can just transfer it to same network.

If reading correctly, your old sim/number was/is with ID. I just upgraded and was told I could use old SIM, just don't activate new one, although regards mine, my new plan was present

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please advise.

Jack.

Hello @jackson1984,

If you upgraded your existing plan to a new contract, your old tariff would be replaced automatically and the new phone, tariff should update. Your old number would remain also.

It sounds to be like you’ve ordered a new contract instead of an upgrade if I’m not wrong here.

In this case, you can’t port your number over from an iD plan to another iD plan so you’d either:

1. return the new contract and then process an upgrade on the old plan
  2. disconnect the old plan and keep the new number

There is the 3rd option which is to port out and to a different network and back in as advised by @sdduk  but this is a little complicated and we can’t offer support on this.

If you’d like to return, please message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/

Or Tweet us at  @iD_Mobile_UK 

One of our Team can hep further.

Mohammed

I don’t understand the first option ‘Return the new contract and then upgrade on the old plan’.

How do I ‘return the new contract’?

I did try to go the upgrade route when getting my new phone but ID mobile was not on the list of networks to upgrade from and so I could not go any further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @rgray22,

You will need to contact us to return the new contract.

Upgrading is done via the iD app/account.

If you’re referring to upgrading via a third-party seller such as Carphone Warehouse, you can’t upgrade through them.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?