Where is Live Chat? It doesn’t seem to appear anywhere

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 14:44

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @andyk58,

If you visit our Contact Us page here and then scroll down to the Live Chat section, a blue button should shortly appear allowing you to start a new chat.

Ryan

Hi, I really need to speak to someone because I need a PUK code please.

The Live Chat button is not coming up on the page.

I’ve tried waiting but still nothing. How do I speak to a human??

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SheilaScallops,

We’ll get you a PUK. I’ll send you a PM now so we can get the all rolling.

Will

How the hell can I get a live chat when there's no option to click on? 😡

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CoCo2404, I’ve just been on the Live Chat page and the option is available for me!

The team is available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

I want to upgrade

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Brianh, no worries! The fastest way to do this is through the iD Mobile app, or through the website here.

Thank you,

Rory

Not realy we are trying to get on love chat with a human with 0 response

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Brianh, the Live Chat team can’t handle sales, so you’ll need to place your order through the iD Mobile app or the website. 

What is it you’re having trouble with?

Thank you,

Rory

Hello,

Your live chat doesn't work (when I click on the live chat button nothing happens), your complaints email isn't monitored, your customer phone line is unmaned... Your only form of customer service is a chat that doesn't work... How the hell am I supposed to speak with someone from ID mobile?! It would be easier to get an audience with the pope!

First, Data roaming doesn't work in Italy. Second, when I try making calls a recorded message tells me you need to speak with me and that I should call 777 and when I call 777, another recorded message refers me to your live chat (which doesn't work). 

Please please please get your act together and have a real human being contact me before I start sending carrier pidgeons.

Kind regards,

Giorgio

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Giorgiostrumia17,

We can be contacted her on our Community, as well as via Post, our Voicemail Team and even over Social Media. We haven’t had any issues with the Live Chat we’re aware of so it may be due to your browser blocking this function. Try a different browser to see if this helps.

In regards to your query on Roaming, have you tried viewing this thread?

Are you able to make calls & texts when abroad?

If the issue relates to just Data then the issue could be either:

Data Roaming not turned on in the phone settings

or

Incorrect APN settings.

You will see the above steps in the Community topic linked in the original post or the first reply I have left there on the topic.

In regards to the error when making calls, can you confirm exactly what the message says? Or is the exact message “please call 7777”? I’ve not heard that message before so if you could confirm what exactly the message says it’ll give a good indication on what could be causing this.

Mohammed

Hello,

I am trying to contact iD mobile as I have left ID but I am being charged twice for the final period. When I go on the Live Chat page, I can see the blue button but when I click on it nothing happens (even after waiting >30 seconds as written but my internet connection is megafast). I have tried all the options they mention: I accepted functional cookies, I disabled the security options, I tried on Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox/Microsoft Edge/Safari on both a Windows laptop and on a MacBook Pro and also on an iPhone. Nothing happens so I cannot sort this erroneous billing. Please can someone help me get to talk to iD?!

Many thanks in advance,

Clembo

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Try again, just tested the button and it works for me.

@WelshPaul glad it works for you, still having the same issue on my side though

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Just tested on a Windows PC running Windows 10 and Chrome and again it works for me. If it’s still not working for you then you will have to wait for a member of the ID Mobile team to respond to your community post. :pensive:

Dear @Mohammed or @Rory or @Will or @Ryan,

would it be possible to get feedback from ID Mobile on my billing issue, please? I can still not access the Live Chat and I have tried several times and days following the various steps advised. It would be great if I could somehow be bale to talk to someone who can help me solve this, I need to close my bank account as I left the country and Brexit made it illegal to keep a UK bank account if relocated to some EU countries…

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Are you trying to access ID Mobile Live chat from outside the UK or via a VPN? It works for me when I try to access it via my UK Virgin Media ISP connection but when I tried to accessing it from a VPN with a German IP address, clicking the button did nothing. I’m wondering if Live Chat is blocked to anyone outside the UK?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @clembo,

Sure, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Hi @WelshPaul,

I am trying to access it from outside the UK as I am no longer living there. Thanks for testing this on your side, as I did not consider the location as the potential culprit. It may indeed be that their live chat is only working from within the UK. In this case, it would be helpful for iD Mobileto setup another way to easily contact them from abroad!

Userlevel 1

Livechat currently doesn’t seem to be working - when I try to launch it I just get an error telling me that mobile phone number can only contain numbers????

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Livechat currently doesn’t seem to be working - when I try to launch it I just get an error telling me that mobile phone number can only contain numbers????

Hello @Suntzu,

I’ve just used live chat on a PC running Windows 10 with the Google Chrome web browser.

Everything worked for me. If you can’t get it working, you’ll have to wait for iD to respond to your community post.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Failed in Chrome and Safari on my iMac, but I tried on a different Macbook , and it worked. Mysterious glitch.

Thanks for responding, anyway!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Failed in Chrome and Safari on my iMac, but I tried on a different Macbook , and it worked. Mysterious glitch.

Thanks for responding, anyway!

Wierd that, do you have any extensions blocking it perhaps?

Try Chrome in Incognito it’ll rule that out. 

LIVE CHAT

I have an allowance of 2gb a month. I’ve used 136 mb, but get a message saying I’ve used 100% of my allowance. how come ?

Roger

Why iD Mobile?