Solved

Mistake with change of plan

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi this evening I applied to change my plan but have had an email saying that a sim is being sent, I don’t need a sim card or pac code or to transfer a number, I already have one with an active number. My current plan is £8 a month 10gb data unlimited calls and texts. The change was to £8 a month 15gb data unlimited calls and texts.

I can’t find a real person to talk to and the chat bot is no help. The order number is117939888

regards Derek

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 August 2021, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello again @Zebidee,

I believe iD send out a new SIM card out automatically in most cases. This is for instance if you’ve switched phones and it needs a new SIM type.

I think for upgrades and changes the new SIM card won't normally be activated, but you can activate it yourself in the online account. If you do, I believe iD simply transfer over to the new SIM.

You can also keep it as a spare, in-case you ever need it in the future.

What does it say about your plan in your online account dashboard?

The 24/7 chat bot isn’t great - iD Live Chat has real people from 9am to 8pm Mon - Fri and 9am to 6pm for weekends and bank holidays.

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

I have done this a couple of times before but there was never any 1p on a credit card or sim card or email mentioning dpd. The service and value given by I.D. is very good but they are awful at explaining things and their chat bot is dreadful. My online account looks O.K. I hope you are right and they have changed things, at best it is wasteful at worst I may have a problem.

regards Derek

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Zebidee,

Yes, the 1p charge followed by a refund is a new thing. Happened to me too, but the 1p doesn’t appear in my card statement.

When I ordered a new SIM only plan it arrived by Royal Mail - I believe DPD is only used for phones, whatever the email might say.

I hope it all works out for you - good luck!

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

A new sim arrived and after checking my account/plan for a couple of days It turns out that you were correct. Every other time I have changed my plan ID just made changes on line and amended the payments (although the monthly cost never changed). This time they have sent me a sim card and the number shown on the included details slip show my current number. They don’t seem to believe in making things simple and they could have avoided the cost of sending me a new sim. Many thanks for your help.

regards Derek

Why iD Mobile?