Question

Mobile number transfer from ending iD Pay Monthly contract to new contract.

• 3 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I have received an email from websales@idmobile.co.uk informing me that the ‘SIM only’ deal I ordered yesterday is "on its way".

When I placed the order online, I didn't notice an option to port the number from the SIM covered by the 24 month iD contract that is ending on in 2 days' time (5 April) to the new SIM.

I wonder, does the number porting happen automatically at the end of the first contract, as both the old and the new Pay Monthly contracts are with iD?

How may I obtain a PAC, if one is required?

Does anyone have any experience they can share about this? I don't want to be left without a working mobile number for any time, if at all possible.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SamRick,

It sounds like you have ordered a new contract instead of purchasing an upgrade.

When you log into the iD app/account does it show the new SIM only plan?

If it does, then that’s fine and nothing further needs to be done as with upgrades your number remains on the account and we just update the plan.

If the plan is not showing, then the former is true and we’d need to help get this cancelled and talk you through how to upgrade to a SIM only.

This is done by logging in and clicking My Account > Upgrade > selecting SIM Only from the options available to you.

This is not done via our SIM only page on our site.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed.

An irritating and obstructive feature of the iD website is that even though I have logged in to my account on one page, I’ve noticed that if I open a link in another tab in the same browser (to avoid losing contact with the current one), it doesn’t recognise that I have already logged in. Most other websites have the “intelligence” to detect this.

I suspect this is what has happened to result my ‘upgrade’ application being ‘relegated’ to an application for a new product, How silly and frustrating (for me) is that? Enormous, believe me!

It’s all very well explaining that “ This is not done via our SIM only page on our site” - how are we simple and untrained customers meant to know that? The fault lies in your company’s online software, not in my efforts to get what I want.

What I really, really need is an effective way of resolving this unfortunate “misunderstanding” on my part.

How may I contact someone in iD who can do this? Please provide a direct telepnone number to get through to someone who can resolve this for me.

I have been with iD for a few years, and I believe I deserve some satisfaction, even though mostly iD’s efforts seem to be aimed towards getting new customers, instead of providing a sensible and reliable service for their existing customers.

Hopefully (!)

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @SamRick 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message now to help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?