Question

My account is in ex boyfriends name

• 21 October 2021
  • 10 replies

Please can someone message me direct as when I log into My Dashboard my ex boyfriends name appears as he set the account up. How can I change it?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @CGarner78,

It’s not possible for us to:

• Speak to you regarding his account or access this
  • Change the number
  • Give you a PAC code/help cancel this

This is because the account holder is the only one who can speak to us or make changes.

You have a few options though and it depends on what you want to do with this contract.

If you want to keep the number then:

• You can request a PAC code by texting the words PAC to 65075 if the account holder is happy for you to do this. Then using this code to transfer the number out to a different network contract/SIM you took out in your own name
  • We can’t port from iD to iD so it’s not possible to use a PAC code to transfer your number to another iD plan.

If you are happy to lose the number then:

• You can speak to the account holder and tell them you will no longer be making payments and they need to speak to us to cancel this to avoid any negative impact
  • You can ask them to cancel the contract after contacting us

If you’re not on speaking terms or can’t reach the account holder, there isn’t much we can do.

You may cancel the Direct Debit if you are making payments for this account and no longer wish to continue and are unable to reach the account holder or able to speak to them to get them to contact us, or if they’re refusing to contact us.

Only the account holder is liable for an account so if you have been keeping up payments as part of an agreement, then that’s fine, however, the burden to cancel, or any debt if unpaid falls on the account holder.

Mohammed

Hi, this is the account holder. What do you need me to?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CGarner78,

If the account is in your ex boyfriends name, they they are the account holder.

Will

Yes, ok, so I'm the ex boyfriend who raised the ticket. Is there no way this can be transferred into Carly's name? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, ok, so I'm the ex boyfriend who raised the ticket. Is there no way this can be transferred into Carly's name? 

Unfortunately, iD don’t have a process for transferring an account to another individual.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@andewhite is correct, ID Mobile will not transfer account ownership to another individual - No exceptions! 😔

Your options are limited:

• Port out to another network
  • Cancel the account

Pretty much what @Mohammed already confirmed above.

Everything else is in her name, account details, email address etc. But if she decides not to pay it goes against me?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you’re the account holder and she misses a payment or defaults, it will be you that ID Mobile contact for payment, and if ignore ID Mobile then it will be you that the debt collectors chase and it will be your credit report that gets ruined.

Just port the number over to a pay go SIM and have her sign up for her own ID Mobile pay monthly account. Then port the number back from the pay go SIM to her new ID Mobile account.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @CGarner78 the account holder holds responsibility for the account. We could only advise as my colleagues have already advised.

Yer, she has a DRO - hence, I took it out in my name. Lesson learned!

Why iD Mobile?