Solved

My plan

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

My original ID mobile plan was under my mother’s name. I was due for an upgrade and think I have accidentally started a sim only plan under my own name. I have looked into cancelling my mother’s plan (I.e the original plan) and there’s obviously a cancellation fee. However, realistically I would just like to continue in my mums name under a sim only contract. I have messed this all up a bit but was hoping there was some way to now just lead on from my mums account instead of restarting a new ID account? If I give the booking reference of this new plan etc?  

Hope this makes sense. 

Alex 

icon

Best answer by Rory 8 June 2021, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

If this is not possible and I have to pay the cancellation fee, which is small as I was at the end of my contract anyway, how do I go about having a new ID account and keeping my number etc? I’ve really just confused myself! 

I’ve looked into getting a PAC code to transfer over my phone number - but it said there was an error with my request.. is this because I haven’t cancelled my ID account under my mums name yet? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Ally134, it sounds like you just need to cancel the new line you’ve taken out and then upgrade your mum’s line, if that’s what you want to do? If you want the line to be in your name, though, you’d have to take out a new line, perhaps when your mum’s contract has expired?

It’s not possible to transfer numbers within a network using a PAC, so that’s not an option.

Either way, it sounds like you need that new line cancelling first and foremost, so I’ll drop you a private message to get this arranged.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?