Solved

New contract and phone number don’t show on app

• 8 March 2021
  • 9 replies

I have recently upgraded from £3.99/month to £7.00/month. The new amount is being taken out of my account. But the app is still showing my old contract and allowances.

How do I rectify this ?

Regards,

Gregory Collins.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 March 2021, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Sufibridge 

Could you check your emails first of all for us and potentially check to ensure you have indeed done an upgrade on your account and not potentially simply gone online and purchased yourself a new (second) SIM with it’s own unique mobile number etc?

Then please get back to us here with your findings.

I’ve just written you a fulsome reply .. which I promptly lost checking information in my bank account !

The main points though are these:

1. I only have one other email from iD .. about having joined their “ community”
  2. I do not know how to check wether I bought a second SIM and telephone number instead of a new contract. But only know that I ordered it through the list in the app. And also the £7.00 for the first month has been taken from my bank .. and their customer help agent tells me that it has gone out of my account and “ settled with the merchant” .. i.e. iD have taken the appropriate amount for a new contract.
  3. When I look in the app it shows my old telephone number ( which by the way I would like to keep but have found it impossible to do through the app with the PAC number ) and my old direct debit amount of £3.99. And also when I go to make calls it tells me that I have reached my capped limit and cannot make calls without adjusting the limit ( which is at it’s maximum of £25.00 ) or making a payment. 
    All of which applies to the old contract and is just what I was trying to avoid !

I have tried deleting and re-downloading the app .. but the results are exactly the same.

I would be very very pleased if you could help me sort this frustrating situation .. as I am bi-polar and possibly ADHD .. and find mobile phones and websites with no live human contact audible on a phone call .. very difficult to deal with.

Therefore please be patient !

Many thanks for your attention.

I look forward to your swift reply and many more years enjoying an economic phone contract with iD when this is all sorted out.

Kind regards,

Gregory Collins.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Sufibridge 

So that we can help you further with getting answers on this, and anything else you may need our help with, we’ve sent you a private message.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

I’m sorry I don’t see any profile icon in the top right .. either here or in the app.

Can you please guide me on this ?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sufibridge 

It would be your profile icon you need to click on. This will be your iD community Profile Picture, please click on this and you will see private messages.

-Mohsin

Hello .. are you there ?

I do not know what is happening with iD mobile. 
1) They have told me that I have two accounts open with them. One has my old number .. 07500046777 and costs £3.99/mth The other has my new number 07859922613 and costs £7.00/mth.

1. They offered me the posibility to keep the new contract with the new number and pay back £3.99 overpaid to the other account. Or to keep the old account with the old number and merge the new one to it .. keeping my old number and also paying back the £3.99.
  2. I chose the latter option and waited expectantly. 
    I may as well not have bothered ! 
    The results so far are that My new number is not working .. friends cannot phone me and Facebook won’t accept a new account made with that number.
  3. I have paid my money .. got driven mad because iD has no proper support number .. finally contacted them through this medium .. They have promised to put me back on my old contract with my old number and merge my new account. The result is that when I open the app I have my old number but also my old Direct Debit of £3.99 and my old data and time and messages allowances. 
    And .. the new number is not working .. people can’t call me .. and Facebook won’t accept it
  4.  Can you PLEEEZE tell me what is going on .. and rectify this situation as soon as possible ?
  5. I have also had an email from them saying thank you for your message  cancelling your account . When actually I have never sent any such message.
  6. I have no idea what is going on but I have paid them for a service which I am not getting and in fact they gave just made it worse by cutting off my phone .. and possibly deciding to eliminate my new account.
  7. Please please please sort this mess out and give my head a break from all this it is all totally stressing me out and ruining my happiness .
  8. Get back to me on the following email please.
  9. 1nondual@gmail.com and let me know what the hell is happening .. 
  10. To repeat : I want the second ootion that they offered me of keeping my old number .. merging the new account to that one and paying me back an outstanding £3.99.
  11. THIS CANNOT BE HARD TO DO. CAN YOU PLEASE ATTEND TO IT AND IMPLEMENT IT STRAIGHT AWAY.
  12. Thank you for your attention, 
  13. Regards, Gregory Collins.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Sufibridge 

I can see we have been chatting with you via private message, please reply directly to our messages.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

i have tried to upgrade but they wont accept my card details which is strange as i have been paying them for 2 years from the same account. i have been trying for hours yesterday and today.on the chats i am 79 and probably dont get it. why isnt there a phone number thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @annecarolyn 

We are sorry to hear this. please contact our ‘Upgrade’s Team’ on our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network function where someone will be able to assist you. Our team will proceed by verifying your details and the details of our competitor’s deal you’d like us to compare. You can chat to the upgrades team here - when in a chat, tell our virtual assistant that you would like to upgrade, you’ll then be directed to our ‘Upgrades Team’. Please note that the live chat ‘Upgrade Team’ are only available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?