Solved

New handset advice

• 9 April 2018
  • 8 replies

I currently have an HTC One mini phone with iD monthly minutes. I am wanting a decent camera on my phone. I use little of my phone and sms allowance and none of my data. I want to be able to have my phone ready for all circumstances and have it always connected to the internet (My husband has me terrified of using too much data and getting stung with a huge bill) I don't stream video or music even when using wifi.
Advice about a new phone and appropriate data/call/sms allowance would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Kodak 9 April 2018, 18:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
I am using a Moto G5 and have the £5 per month sim caped at £5 to prevent high charges. So far over a 3 month period I have only used about 20% per month of my allowance, I use it for navigation in the car, any daytime phone calls as needed and a few texts. I had your concerns when I first started but they were unfounded. You can keep an eye on your usage by downloading the iD app, it's easy to use.
Userlevel 4
Don't forget with any modern mobile OS, as a precaution you can limit the Data Usage from the settings in your phone so that it can warn you and/or limit it for a specified amount.

Though in some cases the data measured can be inaccurate by a couple of bytes due to any overheads in communication, this can be confirmed through the iD app.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Miasmum, you can choose the "Best Answer" that has helped you.

Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have now ordered a new phone. I'll see how I get on over the next few weeks, Fingers crossed.

Glad to hear you'll be joining us @Miasmum and welcome to the iD Community!

Be sure to register for an iD account and download the app on your phone to track your usage and allowances.

More info on this here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/app-and-my-account-23

Mohammed
Thank you.
I have now ordered a new phone. I'll see how I get on over the next few weeks, Fingers crossed.
How do I mark this as answered please?
I appreciate your help Phil, Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?