Solved

Number not transferring

I upgraded a few weeks ago, through the app.  I hoped taht this would mean that my number automatically transferred.  My number didn't transfer, I requested a PAC code which I successfully submitted (apparently) before Easter, but my number still doesn't seem to have transferred.  What can I do?  My old contract expires in a few days and I don't want to change.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 September 2020, 12:07

View original

46 replies

I’m having the same problem and no call centre to help! Starting to regret changing network! I’ve submitted the form three times and it’s been nearly a week now. Sorry I can’t help although this question seems to have been posted before so obviously not a new problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Pipkin @Gilly Lambert 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Same here,

I received my PAC number 3 days ago (Friday) and put my new SIM in today (Monday) as I was told the number would transfer the next working day.  The number has not transferred over and I can’t access any messages from my old number.  I can’t use the LiveChat and there is no number to contact customer services.  Not impressed so far with iD Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Same here,

I received my PAC number 3 days ago (Friday) and put my new SIM in today (Monday) as I was told the number would transfer the next working day.  The number has not transferred over and I can’t access any messages from my old number.  I can’t use the LiveChat and there is no number to contact customer services.  Not impressed so far with iD Mobile

Hello @K2kyle  is this following an upgrade?

You don’t need to transfer your number via PAC code for an upgrade.

It would mean you have purchased a separate new contract instead of an upgrade.

If however, you just mean generally since joining your number has not transferred, try going to the iD app/account and after registering + logging in, click My Servives then Keep your number

Mohammed

I upgraded a few weeks ago, through the app.  I hoped taht this would mean that my number automatically transferred.  My number didn't transfer, I requested a PAC code which I successfully submitted (apparently) before Easter, but my number still doesn't seem to have transferred.  What can I do?  My old contract expires in a few days and I don't want to change.

I have tried the above but the app isn't working, and i need to keep my number, I submitted my PAC number to ID MOBILE BUT NO SUCCESS.I cant even get hold of ID customer services. I will give it up tomorrow, If my number does transfer I will cancel this contract. Now my old number in my old phone isn't working, keep saying emergency calls only. Never known a company like this that a customer, cannot even get hold of customer services. I am not at all happy, well annoyed. My brothers and sisters were next inline to follow me to ID mobile, now I don't think its worth the hustle. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jhakizimana,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can perform a manual port for you.

Will

Hi Will, I, ve just gone into my phone settings, and checked which Huawei P30 I got, and it says "" Huwawei P30 Lite " I ordered Huwawei P30 Lite New Edition, not HUAWEI P30. I ordered the new edition, why would ID mobile send me the wrong phone. My order contract says Huwawei P30 New Edition. Can you help me with this issue please ASAP please? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jhakizimana,

The phone may not call itself the “Huwawei P30 Lite New Edition” within the settings but rather just the Huawei P30 Lite because that’s the actual make and model. If you want to mention this issue to us via the existing PM, we can look into it further.

Ryan

I requested a PAC and got a text from iD about a week ago saying that my old number had transferred however when people try to text my old number, it doesn’t work. How can this be sorted? Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @louiserodgersx

I see i’ve replied elsewhere, but I’ll post it again below for others to see.

On your handset settings, please make sure the “My Number” Setting matches the number that you’ve brought across. This should fix the problem.

If it’s an iPhone, toggle iMessages off and on again after doing the above.

Please let us know how you get on.

Will

Hello,

I have just purchased a new SIM with yourselves and I have tried to transfer my old number 3 times now and this has still not occurred. 

Please can you assist?

I’m still awaiting a response?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Wogan,

Is there a specific error message that pops up when you’re trying?

How is it you’re trying to submit your PAC?

Will

Hello,

Using the link provided on your website. 

Can you please send me a private message for you to complete this manually? 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Wogan,

I’m sorry to hear that the PAC wasn’t accepted. Our Support Team will PM you now to offer further support.

Ryan

Hi @louiserodgersx

I see i’ve replied elsewhere, but I’ll post it again below for others to see.

On your handset settings, please make sure the “My Number” Setting matches the number that you’ve brought across. This should fix the problem.

If it’s an iPhone, toggle iMessages off and on again after doing the above.

Please let us know how you get on.

Will

Hi there, 

Ive done this and now I can’t activate iMessage with my number only my email. So I’m very confused as now is not my number at all. 

many thanks, 

Hi I have registered my pac code from my old sim and it doesn’t seem to be working 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Steveclark759 

Are you transferring your number from an existing iD sim to another new iD sim? Or are you transferring from a different network?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I’ve had this same issue. I’ve just spent ages on the chat to customer services and have launched a complaint about the issue still being a problem. If it has been reoccuring for such a long time they really should have tried fixing it by now. Fingers crossed this issue will be no more.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @natania.kobayashi,

What specific error are you receiving? Is it an iD number you’re trying to port to another iD line?

Will

Userlevel 1

I was trying to port an old number to ID. I tried several times on Wednesday, I got the succesful message but after 24 hours I still hadn’t received a text message saying that it was transfering, so I tried again. Still received no message today so I tried again and then started a chat about it. I was told Yesterday’s efforts were successful but not Wednesday’s so I’ll be getting the number ported by 6pm on monday. But the problem is clearly not getting fixed as it’s been a problem for over a year!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Not all of yesterdays were successful because mine didn’t port over! I had to resubmit my port request and my number finally ported over today. 👍

Userlevel 1

I've just received a call about my complaint saying that it'll be passed to the improvements team and asked if I'm happy to close my case. There's nothing more that can be done but hopefully this will get resolved because it was not a nice first experience of this service provider. I suggested that a text confirmation of the successful request prior to the port confirmation is received so that we know it's been successful and gone through (otherwise I wouldn't have waited 24 hours!).

Here's hoping.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @natania.kobayashi 

We can check the status of your number port for you.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as everyone else here (which is very telling)

I made sure I gave my PAC code a week ago to give it enough time to transfer my older number over and it’s STILL not been done.

Can someone please get back to me ASAP to sort this out? I NEED my old number.

Thanks!

Why iD Mobile?