Solved

Ordered new iD Mobile Plan instead of an Upgrade

• 22 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All, My 12 month sim only plan has finished last month. I have purchased an upgrade (£10 12 months sim only) which will be arriving in a day or two. How do I get my number from my current sim over to the new one which will arrive?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 June 2022, 12:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Imran Khan, if you upgraded using the iD app or from your iD My Account online, then you’ll keep your number when you’re switched to the upgraded plan.

However, if you bought a new plan from iD Mobile, then in order to keep your number you’ll need to port the number you want to keep away from iD, then port that number back to the new iD plan you’ve just purchased.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Okay @Imran Khan, if you upgraded using the iD app or from your iD My Account online, then you’ll keep your number when you’re switched to the upgraded plan.

However, if you bought a new plan from iD Mobile, then in order to keep your number you’ll need to port the number you want to keep away from iD, then port that number back to the new iD plan you’ve just purchased.

Good luck. 

Thanks Andrew. I upgraded from My Aacount online but later noticed I wasn’t even logged in after I clicked view upgrades. Is there an admin fee to transfer my number over to the new sim once I receive it? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Andrew. I upgraded from My Account online but later noticed I wasn’t even logged in after I clicked view upgrades. Is there an admin fee to transfer my number over to the new sim once I receive it? 

Okay @Imran Khan, I guess you’ve bought a new iD plan.

You can’t transfer a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account - not an option with iD. 

To keep your number, the only option is to port the number you want to keep away from iD, then port that number back to your new iD plan.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Imran Khan 

More or less confirming what @andewhite has mentioned! As long as you’ve upgraded your number will be kept with no interruptions, you may receive a new SIM card but I’d recommend staying on the one you already have unless it turns off, in which case begin using the SIM that was sent out to you!

However if you’ve not processed an upgrade and have instead purchased an entirely new plan with a new number we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to move an existing iD Mobile number over to another iD Mobile contract, the number would have to come from a different network via a PAC code. Or if you’d prefer we can look into cancelling/returning a new plan bought mistakenly so you can instead process the upgrade.

Please let us know what you’d like to do!

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Imran Khan 

More or less confirming what @andewhite has mentioned! As long as you’ve upgraded your number will be kept with no interruptions, you may receive a new SIM card but I’d recommend staying on the one you already have unless it turns off, in which case begin using the SIM that was sent out to you!

However if you’ve not processed an upgrade and have instead purchased an entirely new plan with a new number we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to move an existing iD Mobile number over to another iD Mobile contract, the number would have to come from a different network via a PAC code. Or if you’d prefer we can look into cancelling/returning a new plan bought mistakenly so you can instead process the upgrade.

Please let us know what you’d like to do!

Tom

Thanks Tom. Looks like I did the right thing and upgraded using the same account. My data has changed to my new plan and my number still works!! 

although on my ID app it says I’m not due for an upgrade until 22nd July or something which is very strange! I think everything has been sorted I thank you for your reply 

Why iD Mobile?