Solved

ragarding my new sym

• 15 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi i was wondering due that i am using my same number. If i could use my original sim? It should fit fine so can i use it or not? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 August 2022, 11:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Alex2022, if you’ve just upgraded your iD phone, your existing SIM will work in your upgraded handset, if it fits.

Although iD send out a new SIM card when you upgrade your plan, the new SIM card is not active and must be activated before you can use it.

The only reason iD send out a new SIM is in case the old SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’ll be using with your upgraded plan.

Userlevel 1

Ok so aslong as i dont acrivate the new sim my sim should be fine? Or i need to activate it anyway? Only reason being is that my new plab is already active on my old phone( being this one im replying to) please let me know. Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok so aslong as i dont acrivate the new sim my sim should be fine? Or i need to activate it anyway? Only reason being is that my new plab is already active on my old phone( being this one im replying to) please let me know. Thanks 

If you activate the new SIM, which came with your iD upgrade, your existing (old) SIM will be deactivated and won’t work.

In your position, I’d put the new (inactive) SIM in a safe place, and carry on using the existing (old) SIM. 

The only reason iD send out a new SIM is in case the old SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’ll be using with your upgraded plan.

Userlevel 1

Ok great thanks for being helpful.  Thanks again and i am glad to of suck with ID And cannot wait to use my new phone. 

Why iD Mobile?