Question

SIM not provisioned

I requested an upgrade to my package last week. I wasn’t sure if I’d get a new SIM or they’d just upgrade and use my existing one. When I log onto my app it shows my new plan as live as of today. However, I cannot get on the network and the phone just says SIM not provisioned. Any help would be appreciated

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Normally when you upgrade from the iD App or iD My Account online, the upgrade SIM card is dispatched inactive. Your existing SIM will work and you don’t need to use the upgrade SIM.

1. Did you receive the upgrade SIM card?
  2. If yes, have you put the upgrade SIM in your phone?

The only reason iD send out a new (inactivate) SIM card is for those cases where the existing SIM doesn’t fit the phone you plan to use with iD Mobile.

Anyway, good luck.

Still have the same phone and SIM, no new SIM has been sent. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @johnnieboy, maybe there’s a network fault at your location/s.

Check using the https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support page.

Otherwise, you’d better speak to an iD agent using the online chat - ask them to check your account. 

Do this using the https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat page.

If you’re having trouble with chat, try contacting iD Mobile via their facebook page or Twitter page.

It’s best to contact iD between 9am - 8pm - that way you can speak to a real person, for a more timely response to your query.

Thanks for trying to help, would be very coincidental for it to be a network issue on the exact same day my package us upgraded, but I’ll try and speak to them

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @johnnieboy, network fault seems unlikely - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @johnnieboy 

With this being an update a new SIM is usually sent out so it’s possible the new SIM has activated ahead of delivery and will be live once it arrives.

I’d recommend getting in contact with us via the Live Chat as @andewhite suggested above so we can take a look into the account itself!

Alternatively you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter too!

Tom

Yes, I contacted them via Messenger, and they said even though I hadn’t received a new SIM, I’d performed an activation which is why my existing SIM was no longer working. Don’t know how that could be, as I hadn’t been on my ID app since last week when I did the upgrade. I only went on after my network failed. Anyway, they’ve sent a new blank SIM which should arrive today, and asked me to contact them when it does, so they can perform an activation. Hope this doesn’t mean I lose anything (texts, call logs, etc). I have backed them up just in case

Why iD Mobile?