Solved

sim to handset upgrade

• 4 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Can I upgrade to any handset on Friday when my upgrade from SIM only to handset is due, I'm reading people say they can upgrade to certain handsets but not the S10+ etc, my last 6 monthly payments have been on time.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 February 2020, 14:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @sabram8690,

This depends on your eligibility. All the eligible handsets are shown in the app once you’re due for an upgrade.

Mohammed

Well that's not good considering I paid all on for 6 months. Who would want to upgrade to a budget handset. If there is not a galaxy S10 I will just cancel my contract and move to another provider.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sabram8690,

The best way to discuss which phones are available to upgrade to is to speak to our Sales Team on 0800 049 0250.

Ryan

I'm disgusted with id mobile as I've been a loyal sim only customer for 6 months and am eligible for a upgrade to a handset which I've been looking forward too for ages to be told I can only upgrade to a £12.99 phone due to my credit check. Fuming as I got told there is no credit check for a upgrade and I can upgrade to any handset. Bunch of clowns I'm now cancelling my contract early.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sabram8690,

I have moved your new topic to this existing post to keep everything regarding your upgrade in one place. We’re sorry to hear that the phone you desire is not available to upgrade to; what we can offer is based upon a risk factor and we can only recommend to try again in a few months as the situation may change.

Ryan 

You should tell your customers that when they take the contract out. Don't promise me I can get any handset and then decide to tell me I can only get a cheap plastic phone. Very misleading and won't be recommending you to anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You should tell your customers that when they take the contract out. Don't promise me I can get any handset and then decide to tell me I can only get a cheap plastic phone. Very misleading and won't be recommending you to anyone.

Hello @sabram8690,

Upgrades are based on the eligibility of your original credit check and payment history.

I can only but apologise you weren’t eligible for the handset you wanted to upgrade to. That said, the SIM-only account would have slightly boosted your credit score with good payment history. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?