Solved

Tranferring number from contract in my mums name to contract in my name

• 3 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

My phone contract is in my mums name and is paid from her bank account and I want it to be in my name/paid from my account now. I am due an upgrade but I have discovered from the responses on this to other people in the same situation that there is no way to change the account over to my name so she is going to end the contract and I am going to take out a new contract in my name. Is it possible for me to keep the same number and if so can someone talk me through how to do it?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 3 April 2020, 19:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Alisonmacleod96 

Unfortunately there is no simple way to transfer the number within the same network provider. PAC Codes used for that can only transfer your number to a different network. Only solution that I am aware of is to request a PAC Code then transfer your number to a different network on Pay as you Go Sim and then request another pack code from them to transfer it back to your new contract. I know it is not ideal solution but its only way I can think of.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Aw ok that's annoying but thanks so much for your help Gregor, do you know if I were to just go with a different provider and request a PAC code would I have any trouble transferring the number accross because of the names or does it not matter that the new contract will be in a different name? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Alisonmacleod96 

This is very good question. I am not 100% sure of the answer. I think it should not be an issue as most PAYG does not require customer details to purchase the Sim Card. Unfortunately this is just me think at loud. I will tag @Nikhil P and @Ryan here and they should be able to confirm my thoughts or correct me if I am wrong. Sorry I could not help with enquiry I am not very convinced of the answer. 

Hopefully they will be able to shed of light on this a bit more. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Alisonmacleod96 

Unfortunately we are unable to offer a name change on the account. 

This can be done if you request a PAC and port your number out. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards 

Aklima  

Why iD Mobile?