Question

Upgrade 24 months period

• 16 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I am currently sim only and considering a phone upgrade.
I wonder what happens at the end of a 24 month payment period?
I assume the phone is then mine and will get the option to change the phone again or switch the plan to a sim only deal and adjust the direct debit accordingly.

Any comments will be appreciated 😋

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @JCMyles,

You are spot on. At the end of the 24-month contract, you are free to keep the phone and use it as you wish and you'll also be able to change your plan to obtain a brand new phone if you need one.

You can also change the contract to a SIM only plan to continue using the original phone.

At the end of the 24-months, if you choose not to make any changes, you'll continue to be billed each month as usual until you make a change. :)

Ryan
That sounds ok

If however after 24 months i change or upgrade the phone again, can i pass the phone on or sell it as unlocked to any network?

When an upgrade contract is taken out is the phone provided unlocked?
Userlevel 1
That sounds ok

If however after 24 months i change or upgrade the phone again, can i pass the phone on or sell it as unlocked to any network?

When an upgrade contract is taken out is the phone provided unlocked?

Yes the phone is unlocked after the 24 month contract.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JCMyles,

The statement from @barbaraW111 is spot on, your phone is fine to be used on another network or passed on to someone to use once you have upgraded. The same applies if you buy a new phone or if you leave us entirely.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?