Solved

upgrade

Do you need to use the new sim when you've upgraded or transfer your old sim to the new phone? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 July 2022, 15:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your old SIM fits in your upgraded phone, then carry on using the old SIM.

Good luck.

I want to upgrade but am due on 16/10/22. Can I pay upfront for the remaining months to able to upgrade before the due date?

I do not want to change to another provider and I do not want to wait until 16th October 2022 when I will be eligible 

Can someone please tell me what to do 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to upgrade but am due on 16/10/22. Can I pay upfront for the remaining months to able to upgrade before the due date?

There is a 60 day period where you are able to upgrade before your plan ends. Say you’re due an upgrade on 16/12/2022 - the earliest you can - without being charged an early upgrade fee - is 16/10/22. As far as my knowledge goes you can’t even pay the rest of the bills upfront. I do believe though that you may have hijacked a post though. You would be better off asking it in your own post.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can someone please tell me what to do 

Can’t wait to upgrade @Henry Kay? - if you don’t mind moving your mobile away from iD and then back to iD, and you’re happy to pay an early termination fee, then start a new iD contract with the iD phone and plan you’re after.

Some things to think about:

1. Text INFO to 85075 to get the early termination charges for your existing iD contract.
  2. At iD Mobile, each iD contract/plan needs it’s own unique username (email address), so your existing account cannot be linked to two mobile numbers, so any new contract/plan will need a new username (email address).
  3. Sometimes the number porting process doesn’t go smoothly and takes longer than the advertised 1 working day.
  4. On the day your number is ported, you may have no mobile service for several hours while the number port takes place.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?