Solved

upgrade

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I went to Carphone warehouse because my phone is due an upgrade which is stated on the app. However when I upgraded 2 years ago I changed my phone number to keep it the same. Now it says that this number can not be upgraded but my old one can. If I upgrade my old number will this actually upgrade my phone or will it upgrade something completely different?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 August 2022, 13:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How many iD plans have you got?

3 I believe 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s a lot of plans - have you registered for an iD My Account online for the iD plan with the number you wanted to keep after upgrading?

Unfortunately, with iD you can only have one mobile number per iD My Account online.

Ye my on my ID account it is registered as my new number so should I just upgrade on there?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ashley Millington, I’d suggest the following:

1. Sign-in to your iD My Account online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk.
  2. After you sign-in, check the mobile number is the one you’d like to keep after you upgrade.
  3. If yes to step (2), then while you’re still signed-in choose from the upgrades on offer.

You’ll only see upgrades once you’re within the last 60 days of your iD contract.

The “Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know” community FAQ has more information about upgrading your phone.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?