Solved

Upgrade Frustrations - should I just leave instead?

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

First up, I’ve called customer service THREE times AND visited a CW store and STILL not got this resolved.

On Black Friday, I was looking at deals online and found that I could upgrade my allowances for the same monthly price. However, the specific plan was not available to me in the upgrade options in the ID Mobile app. Hmmm?

So I ordered a new SIM on Nov 28, but it still hadn’t arrived by Dec 6, I called customer service twice and they didn’t want to speak to me (cut me off both times!). Then I drove 10 miles to the nearest CW store. The agent confirmed that the new SIM had been shipped, but offered to order me a replacement, which I declined, and drove home = totally wasted trip.

The next day my ordered SIM arrived (9 days, huh?), but I’ve learned that ID assigned a new phone number to it. I would like to switch my old number, can I do that pls?

Today (Dec 7) I’ve also noticed that the same deal that I got on Black Friday weekend is now available INSIDE the ID Mobile app, but it seems like I have to order a new SIM to get it - really?

So, ID Mobile, I would be happy with either of the following;

1. Either upgrade me to the new plan using my existing SIM, or
  2. Migrate my phone number to the upgrade SIM I just received in the mail.

It’s YOUR CHOICE, ID Mobile, but if you’re not willing or able to do either of these, then I guess I’m leaving…

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by apn 7 December 2020, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

RESOLVED!

I called customer service again; routed to cancellations where I spoke to the amazing Robert.

He was able to upgrade my plan on the current SIM card and advised me to Cancel/Return the new SIM card.

Thanks so much, Robert and kudo’s for pulling me back.

I ordered an upgrade for my daughters phone via the app but when I insert it it changes the phone number and the app shows I have the old allowances for her other sim what. Can I do

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lis,

Sounds as though a new line has been taken out rather than an upgrade. We’ll drop you a Private Message now to try and get that new line cancelled, and upgrade the existing line.

Will

Can’t see a private message anywhere - where will I find it ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lis,

If you click on your Profile, you should see it under your notifications.

Will

Nothing in notifications when I go on my iD app 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Lis 

In order to see the Private Message, please click your Community Profile icon on the top right-hand corner and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?