Question

upgrade my plan to two year contract instead of one

• 23 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am currently on the 1 year contract £16 per month unlimited everything contract and I am passed the six month wait time before I am allowed to upgrade my plan but when I check the app and click on “change my plan” it comes up with an error saying there are no plans available even though I would like to change the contract length from 1 year to 2 years and pay £15 per month instead of £16 as with the current 1 year contract.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you are still within your one year contract then you can’t do what you’re attempting to do… That would be a downgrade, not upgrade as the price is lower than you contractually agreed to.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you are still within your one year contract then you can’t do what you’re attempting to do… That would be a downgrade, not upgrade as the price is lower than you contractually agreed to.

That doesn’t make sense though, it’s not a downgrade as it’s the same plan just extended from 1 year to 2 years: clearly that’s an upgrade?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Not if the price is cheaper! You agreed to pay £16 pounds for a minimum period of 12 months and in return ID Mobile gave you unlimited minutes, texts and data. Now you want to breach that agreement and pay less while getting the same allowance in return all be it for a longer duration… That’s a downgrade. 🤔 

(I’ve experienced the same with thing with Vodafone... It Sucks!!!)

Anyway, no harm in asking... Have you tried live chat?

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That doesn’t make sense though, it’s not a downgrade as it’s the same plan just extended from 1 year to 2 years: clearly that’s an upgrade?

Helllo @ysnhh,

It’s not possible to change plans this way.

When you’re in the last 20 to 30-days of your contract, log-into the app/account

Click My Account > Upgrade then find SIM Only

Find the plan you want to switch to and you can then upgrade.

Changing plans doesn’t affect the contract length, just moves you to a new plan. But being on an unlimited all plan, you won’t have any higher options to switch to and you can’t change plans to a lower plan mid contract.

For more flexibility, when you come round to upgrading, switch to a 30-day SIM only plan when you upgrade, you can then change plans once ever 30-days to any new 30-day plan but have the freedom to leave if you’re unhappy with your current deal.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?