Question

Upgrade pay monthly price differences for same plan

• 17 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Why do some pay monthly deals have different prices for the same plan? Is the more expensive one for the latest handset, and the cheaper one for the previous model?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

For instance….(all these are offered with unlimited minutes and texts. Only variation is on data and there is no explanation for the price variations)

Galaxy A20e:

13.99 for 5GB, yet also 13.99 for 2GB

14.99 for 5GB, yet also 14.99 for 10GB

Huawei P Smart 2021:

14.99 for 5GB, yet also 17.99 for 5GB

Sony Xperia L4:

16.99 for 5GB, yet only 15.99 for 10GB!!!

What is going on here? There is NO explanation on why it is a cheaper contract for a higher data allowance. If it is a typo, they must honour the advertised price! Dont phone companies always rename their upgrades, at least slightly?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @SMcDoodle 

Are these prices listed on iD Mobile official website? I have had a look and I could not find a deal for £15.99 on Sony Xperia L4 ? 

On Samsung Galaxy a20e is showing me 

£14.99 for 5GB and £16.99 for 10GB

Have you used comparison website like uswitch no look for iD Mobile deals? Some deals might be cheaper or the same price for more data as they will be exclusive to these websites. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For instance….(all these are offered with unlimited minutes and texts. Only variation is on data and there is no explanation for the price variations)

Galaxy A20e:

13.99 for 5GB, yet also 13.99 for 2GB

14.99 for 5GB, yet also 14.99 for 10GB

Huawei P Smart 2021:

14.99 for 5GB, yet also 17.99 for 5GB

Sony Xperia L4:

16.99 for 5GB, yet only 15.99 for 10GB!!!

What is going on here? There is NO explanation on why it is a cheaper contract for a higher data allowance. If it is a typo, they must honour the advertised price! Dont phone companies always rename their upgrades, at least slightly?

Hello @SMcDoodle,

Upgrade prices can vary vs new contract deals as we regularly run deals from time to time.

Another thing to look at is also as Gregor mentioned, 3rd party retailers may have an exclusive offer for purchasing via them.

Remember, upgrading simply replaces your contract with a new one.

A new contract requires a credit check and new account setup but won’t allow you to keep your number from one iD plan to another.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Those deals are all listed for me on the idmobile website, via ‘view all available upgrades” button in the ID mobile app.

I’ve been with ID for 4 or more years, so I’m aware that not everyone will be offered the same deals, but like I said, those prices/plans are all listed for me on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/upgrades so it’s not to do with different network providers.

It doesn’t actually matter to me anymore as I’ve ordered a Oppo A72, which didn’t have anything confusing in it’s price plans. Still, ID need to make the reason for these strange price variations clear, and if it’s a typo/mistake, they need to honour the cheaper deals for the latest models if that is what’s advertised, mistake or not.

Userlevel 1

Hey @SMcDoodle 

Are these prices listed on iD Mobile official website? I have had a look and I could not find a deal for £15.99 on Sony Xperia L4 ? 

Hi Gregor, I guess this link might not work for you, but this is where I get offered those price plans for the Sony Xperia L4 https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/upgrade/sony-xperia-l4-64gb-black

Which? only rate this phone at 58%, so I decided to go with Oppo A72 which they rate 72%, even though there is FAR less data included in the plan at that price. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @SMcDoodle 

Yeah. This link doesn't work for me as it is exclusive to you. I think I know why these discrepancies happen to you. When you view your upgrades you might see personal deal for you which will be cheaper with more data as well as the deal that matches then one for new customers. I know it does not make sense to show lesser deal but I think, this is what happened to you. 

I am sure all prices listed on your upgrade deals would be honoured by iD Mobile. 

BTW You have made very good choice by going with Oppo A72. Xperia L4 is running on outdated version of Android and is not a capable as Oppo. 👍

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?