Solved

Upgrade - phone number changed

• 29 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I have recently upgraded to a new contract/ phone and understood I could keep my old number. On receiving the phone i tried to activate the SIM on my account and it says that the sim is already activated. I am unsure why this is and so the new phone has a new number.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 December 2020, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

I am also unable to see this ‘new’ (what i thought was upgraded) contract when I log into my account, it only shows the old contract so I am unable to manage anything through my account. 

Not sure if anyone can help - it looks as if this is quite a common issue 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HScott,

From what you have explained, it sounds as though you may have purchased a new contract instead of going through with the upgrade. We will send you a PM now so we can confirm if this is what has happened.

Ryan

This appears to be happening to a lot of people and I can’t find a solution - does anyone know how to get around this? 

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

Are you also experiencing the same issue where you upgraded, however, it is showing as a new contract?

-Mohsin

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

Are you also experiencing the same issue where you upgraded, however, it is showing as a new contract?

-Mohsin

Is there a solution to this issue? I have chosen a phone and plan on ID and would like to order it via CPW website and retain my number. Thanks. 

This has also happened to me. How do I keep my old number and use the same account I have with my new phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

-Mohsin

Is there a solution to this issue? I have chosen a phone and plan on ID and would like to order it via CPW website and retain my number. Thanks. 

Hello @UserNameNotYourEmail,

it’s not possible to upgrade via Carphone Warehouse website.

If you want to upgrade and keep your number, you’ll need to log into the iD app/account, click My Account > Upgrade and then complete the order from here.

@Bexhaq,

The only option is to return the contract you’ve ordered and then upgrade your existing contract via the above method.

We’ll Pm you regarding this.

Mohammed

Hi, I am also having a similar issue, could I get some help please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Semihat1

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this for you.

Mohammed

I apologise for posting but I haven't got a clue about mobile phones.

I have upgraded my phone through my ID account, (was prompted to do so by a pop up in my ID account) but will my mobile number remain as I have now with my existing account with you. I hope so.

Thanks

Dan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DanMarston,

If you’ve upgraded, your number remains the same.

You should see the app update to show the new plan or a pro rata plan confirming the upgrade has been processed.

We’ll then send out the new contract to you in the post.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?