Solved

Upgrade - phone number changed

• 29 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I have recently upgraded to a new contract/ phone and understood I could keep my old number. On receiving the phone i tried to activate the SIM on my account and it says that the sim is already activated. I am unsure why this is and so the new phone has a new number.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 December 2020, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DanMarston,

If you’ve upgraded, your number remains the same.

You should see the app update to show the new plan or a pro rata plan confirming the upgrade has been processed.

We’ll then send out the new contract to you in the post.

Mohammed

I apologise for posting but I haven't got a clue about mobile phones.

I have upgraded my phone through my ID account, (was prompted to do so by a pop up in my ID account) but will my mobile number remain as I have now with my existing account with you. I hope so.

Thanks

Dan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Semihat1

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this for you.

Mohammed

Hi, I am also having a similar issue, could I get some help please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

Are you also experiencing the same issue where you upgraded, however, it is showing as a new contract?

-Mohsin

Is there a solution to this issue? I have chosen a phone and plan on ID and would like to order it via CPW website and retain my number. Thanks. 

Hello @UserNameNotYourEmail,

it’s not possible to upgrade via Carphone Warehouse website.

If you want to upgrade and keep your number, you’ll need to log into the iD app/account, click My Account > Upgrade and then complete the order from here.

@Bexhaq,

The only option is to return the contract you’ve ordered and then upgrade your existing contract via the above method.

We’ll Pm you regarding this.

Mohammed

This has also happened to me. How do I keep my old number and use the same account I have with my new phone

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

Are you also experiencing the same issue where you upgraded, however, it is showing as a new contract?

-Mohsin

Is there a solution to this issue? I have chosen a phone and plan on ID and would like to order it via CPW website and retain my number. Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @UserNameNotYourEmail 

-Mohsin

This appears to be happening to a lot of people and I can’t find a solution - does anyone know how to get around this? 

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HScott,

From what you have explained, it sounds as though you may have purchased a new contract instead of going through with the upgrade. We will send you a PM now so we can confirm if this is what has happened.

Ryan

I am also unable to see this ‘new’ (what i thought was upgraded) contract when I log into my account, it only shows the old contract so I am unable to manage anything through my account. 

Not sure if anyone can help - it looks as if this is quite a common issue 

Why iD Mobile?