Question

Upgrade without alerting children.

• 8 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Both of my son’s have ID mobile plans that I pay for.

I want to upgrade their phones for Christmas but do not want any messages going to them which will spoil the surprise!  

How do I sort this?

Carolyn.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Unfortunately you can’t. 😔

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Carolyn Ashley,

As the messages are automated, like @WelshPaul has advised, we’re unable to prevent the alerts from going out sorry.

Will

I might have to change providers then. A pity.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Carolyn Ashley,

When upgrading, I believe a text message regarding the new SIM card and the bill cap is sent out but I haven’t seen a text message that mentions a new handset before. 

If the new plan that you have seen comes with more allowances, you could let your children know that you’re only upgrading the plan to give them more allowances for instance and this may help mask the situation.

Ryan 

Thanks Ryan

That would be great if you're right.

Cheers

Caz.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Carolyn Ashley 

I’m sorry that we can’t be more definitive on this occasion.

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Carolyn Ashley,

When upgrading, I believe a text message regarding the new SIM card and the bill cap is sent out but I haven’t seen a text message that mentions a new handset before. 

If the new plan that you have seen comes with more allowances, you could let your children know that you’re only upgrading the plan to give them more allowances for instance and this may help mask the situation.

Ryan 

I upgraded my child's SIM a few days back and @Ryan is correct… A text message is received a few hours after completing checkout informing you about your new bill cap (You set this as part of the upgrade order!). A second text message is received once the handset has been delivered informing you that your upgrade is now complete. That’s it!

Thanks Welshpool

I might just get away with that…

Merry Christmas all.

Caz.

Why iD Mobile?