Solved

Upgrade won't complete

I’m eligible for an upgrade, I’m trying to get an iPhone 11, 24 month contract for £39 a month. I go through the mobile ID app and select the phone and go through the process of selecting a plan etc. It takes me to a screen which requests bank details, which I enter, and it takes 1p from my account. A pop up from my bank states the transaction is successful however I then get taken to a screen from ID mobile stating that the card transaction was unsuccessful and that an error has occurred so I'm unable to complete the upgrade. I’ve tried doing this again and again for roughly 2 weeks now but haven’t been able to resolve the situation. 

I’ve also tried logging into my account through my laptop and through the mobile ID website but this hasn’t resolved the issue either. 

I can’t phone because all call centers have shut down. Can anyone give advice re how to get around this situation?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by PavD 6 April 2020, 20:23

View original

47 replies

I am due an upgrade and I have now tried 3 times to complete the process and each time after I have entered my payment details which js successful, it then says it is unable to complete the process. 

My bank account shows four pending payments of 1p. I don’t want 4 phones arriving but I would like one of them though please. 

Can someone message me so we can get this resolved asa

I’ve got the same problem. First upgrade was cancelled. Was advised by online chat to do it again. Got two emails this morning saying there’s a problem with the order.

what is happening with id- can’t speak to anyone. Really dis

I need this resolving. Why is nothing being done. Not received any commun

Hi, i have the same issue and have contacted the bank for 5 payment references. Please can you reassure me that i won't receive 5 phones or if my upgrade has gone through. Eagerly anticipating your response please help. 

Hi it’s Simon Richmond. I’m having the same issue for last half a week. The bank charges me 1p which has happened five times. I can’t ring anyone cause of COVID.

Please can someone assist as they have offered me the perfect deal for me at least and they say the deal will run out soon.

Thanks

I’m having a similar problem. I can’t make or receive any phone calls 

This is what I get every time , I’m having the same issue , is there any other way to upgrade please ?!!  
thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MO113 

Are you using a card registered to the same account holder & billing address?

Mohammed

I have same problem get to payment section it completes then says there was a problem I checked my bank and 1p came out for every attempt 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have same problem get to payment section it completes then says there was a problem I checked my bank and 1p came out for every attempt 

Hello @Andrewarc11 

Are you using a card registered to the same account holder & billing address?

Mohammed

Yes don’t understand tried twice then give up both shows 1p each transaction on my bank 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Andrewarc11 

The bank/ card you’re using would need to be in your own name, and be registered to the same address as the one which you’re using for the contract order.

Please double check with your bank that the address on the account/ card you’re using is a match for the details you’re giving us.  Otherwise the order may get flagged as potentially fraudulent if the details are a mismatch.

Any 1p charges would be refunded back to the account within 3-5 working days at most.

I am having the same issue.

I have made a previous post about it however I am yet to get a response though I posted it days ago.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Hermione,

Can you provide more details into the specific issues you’re facing?

Will

@Will  I have triggered four credit checks but none of them seem to be sucessful. I have had no confirmation that anyone them went through ( i have even checked my spam and junk mail)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Hermione,

I’ve just dropped you a Private Message so we can discuss this in further detail.

Will

I am having the exact same issues. Account and bank are both correct, bank details entered are correct, but it just fails at the last step . Help!!!!!

I am having the exact same issues. Account and bank are both correct, bank details entered are correct, but it just fails at the last step . Help!!!!!

4 x01p have been taken from one bank account and another from a different account.....

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tigs1966,

Is your billing address given to us the exact same as the one that your bank has down for you? If it isn’t, this can cause verification issues when we check your details by doing the 1p payment.

Ryan

Yes, it is, I have checked over and over and I’ve even taken Devon out to make sure it is exact….. This is becoming really annoying.  I don’t know how many times I’ve done this now.  I just want to have a sim only deal of £7 per month, keeping my old number, surely you can accept this as authorisation - after all it’s not increasing my payments in any way???  Frustrated to say the least! I even missed out on the Black Friday deal because of this!!

m also having the same issue! I have tried on numerous occasions but still get the transaction failed pop up at the end.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tigs1966 & @Mounia,

I would recommend contacting our Live Chat Team here for further help with any new purchases as we can’t set these up here, sorry.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?