Solved

Upgraded contract and awaiting SIM with same number but can no longer roam, call or text

• 11 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I recently upgraded my SIM deal but asked keep phonen number. I am awaiting the new SIM but this morning ID seems to have disabled my number as I can no longer make calls, send texts or use my mobile data (meant this when said roam which assume roaming also broke).

I don't understand given I have a existing contract that I have paid for and still has plenty of data and unlimited mins and texts why ID has disabled my SIM without informing me and with no explanation.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 August 2022, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @RossB95, if you were signed-in when you used the upgrade option in the iD app or your iD My Account online, you keep your number automatically - there’s no need to ask to keep your number.

Although iD send out a new SIM card when you upgrade your plan, the new SIM card is not active and must be activated before you can use it.

The only reason iD send out a new SIM is in case the old SIM doesn’t fit in the device you’ll be using with your upgraded plan.

If your old SIM is not working, you need iD to look at your iD account. The fastest way to get iD to look at your iD account is to use the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The ID customer service staff work until 8pm on weekdays.

If you can’t use online chat, just send a private request to iD Mobile’s social media team using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message) - they should also be able to assist with your enquiry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RossB95 

@andewhite is correct! As long as you’ve processed an upgrade and not a new contract everything should be a-okay!

With online orders a new SIM is always sent out, whether it’s activated or not is up to you! You’d do this via the iD Mobile App. If you don’t activate it the old one will continue to work!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?