Solved

Upgrading to a handset contract?

• 13 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
I’ve been with Id mobile for a while now about 3 months I have a sim only contract 12.50 a month it says on my app I can upgrade one the 11th month atho I cancelled the direct debt and just pay by my card over the app as long as my payments are fine and paid useing my card I should be good to go on the 11th month for an upgrade and get a phone before Xmas ?... has anyone upgraded from a sim only to a phone and sim...? Easy to do ?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2018, 13:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Raymond,

It's great to hear that you wish to upgrade.

You can continue to pay by manual card payments if you wish to do so.

In order to upgrade you would require a direct debit to be set up, once this is done you should be fine to upgrade.

Kash
Userlevel 3
i Couldn’t get a phone on contract so I was told go for a SIM card which I did and try again when my upgrade date says on my app

I cancelled the direct debt and now I pay each month manual card payments every month for my SIM card

because i cancelled the direct debt does that mean my credit won’t go up when I go for my upgrade for a fone next time around or will it be okay with me still paying the bill anyways ( for the sim card ) ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
i Couldn’t get a phone on contract so I was told go for a SIM card which I did and try again when my upgrade date says on my app

I cancelled the direct debt and now I pay each month manual card payments every month for my SIM card

because i cancelled the direct debt does that mean my credit won’t go up when I go for my upgrade for a fone next time around or will it be okay with me still paying the bill anyways ( for the sim card ) ...

Hey @Raymond,

Your credit score is impacted following regular payments being made via Direct Debit or manually so it'll won't matter which way you pay.

We require a Direct Debit to be active when you upgrade/plan change so you'd need to set one up when you're wanting to take this out.

We often advise that the Direct Debit is the simplest & easiest way for payments which is why it's recommended.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?