Solved

2 numbers on the same email and username

Dear ID Mobile community,

I tried to get to resolve this problem 7 months ago but I didn't reply to the responses and the thread was closec for comments so I am s5arting this question to get help with one of my 2 accounts.

I purchased 2 contracts with the same email address and then registered one of them but when I try to register the second account it does not allow me to because the same email is already registered to my first account.

Can you please private message me to get the number of my second account and my other details so that you can manually change the username and email for my second account to an alternative email that I can give you in  by prove message.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 June 2021, 10:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Hi Ryan,

Thankfully your second message made it clear that the registration would complete with the alternative email as both the username and email, whereas previously I interpreted the description text to imply that I had to use the email that was used to order  both numbers as the username.

Thank you for your clarification using the alternative email address for the username and email worked perfectly.

Thank you Ryan, WelshPaul and Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Shariq,

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further support.

Will

Thank you  for your replies everyone,

Hi WelshPaul, I believe that I ordered both via the old customer call centre, if that never existed then it was online or in the shop I can't really remember it was more than a few years ago back when the 2gb data was offered for £7 a month.…

Hi Will, I was trying to do it via the web browser not the app.

Hi Ryan, I  try again to register the second Number with an alternative email address.

Thank you all

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Shariq,

You have misunderstood the registration process which I think has caused the confusion here because the username is not preset by iD Mobile as the original email address that was used to order both numbers. We do not complete the registration process on your behalf, this can only be done after the purchase.

Our advice is correct so please try to complete the full registration process for the second number you have but please enter a different email address as the username when setting up the account. If it’s still not letting you register, you may have already gone through the registration process so we’ll need to check your account directly to see what username is applied to each account.

Also, please to not report each of our responses if you need further help, we will see your reply just fine without the report. Reporting is to be used for abusive, offensive or spam comments. Thanks.

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shariq,

Are you trying to view both on the App? If so, this isn’t possible, and is likely why the alternate email address is being rejected. The App can only be used for one number, for any others, you’d need to log-in via a web browser. 

You can try this by clicking here to either set up a new account with an alternative email address, or log into it if you have previously managed to set one up with the alternative email address.

Hope this helps.

Will

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you get them instore or online via idmobile.co.uk?

Hi WelshPaul,

Your suggestion does not work because to creating the online account for Mobile Number 2 with an alternative email address that is rejected because the username is preset by ID Mobile as the original email address that was used to order both numbers.

How do I get around this problem?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You may have used the same email address to order the numbers, but you can’t use the same email address for account access. You need to setup a whole new email account and then register for a whole new ID Mobile account but this time use the second mobile number to complete registration. 

Now, when you log in with your main email address you will have account access for Mobile Number 1. When you login with your second email address (the one you just created) you will have online account access to  Mobile Number 2.

I know, it sucks! What genius came up with that idea huh? 😂

Hi Ryan can you please explain how I can register the second number with a different username? Because as I tried to explain in my original post on your system both numbers have the same email address?

Please talk to your supervisor as this problem is beyond the scope of your previous reply.

Thank you,

Shariq

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Shariq,

Unfortunately we cannot change the username once it has been set and only 1 number can be registered to one online account/username.

You will need to create two online accounts if you have two numbers.

You can use the same email address as the contact email address for more than one online account, but the username will need to be different so a different email address will need to be used for the username of your second number.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?