Solved

Additional Sims

• 15 December 2018
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 2
Why can't additional sims for other family members be added to my account. The lady ( who was not that helpful) on phone insisted to get two further sims i required two further credit checks, less than ideal for your credit score having two checks one after another. Can these not be added to my existing account?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 15 December 2018, 15:28

View original

19 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

You can order 2 SIMS per account holder only.
You'll need to register the account with a different email address though as ID Mobile don't yet support multiple account logins in one dashboard or within the app.

It's one number per account so you will need to use different email address to register your second sim.

As long as your credit check results allows this, you can take out a second SIM card whenever you like. If not, then they recommend waiting up to 6 months before applying again. Nothing stopping you trying again in 2-3 months if you fail the credit check.

ID Mobile are looking into a family accounts feature but it isn't something available now!

If you require more than 2 SIMS you may have to get the other family member to register in their name or have another adult register it for them, as you need to be over 18 to register for the account.
Userlevel 2
so if i use another email address, can i use same bank account for DD?
Userlevel 2
I have ordered one in my name (so have two in my name) but seperate emails, same bank accounts, one in my wifes, so her email and her bank account. Hopefully that should go through then.
Badge +10
so if i use another email address, can i use same bank account for DD?I have ordered one in my name (so have two in my name) but seperate emails, same bank accounts, one in my wifes, so her email and her bank account. Hopefully that should go through then.

@paulpa Yes you are correct that should work...
Userlevel 2
Strange got regected yet my credit rating is 984 out of 999 home owner no mortgage no credit card debt and passed on last one I bought several months back ludicrous on a £3.99 sim card have never been turned down on anything in my life
Badge +10
Strange got regected yet my credit rating is 984 out of 999 home owner no mortgage no credit card debt and passed on last one I bought several months back ludicrous on a £3.99 sim card have never been turned down on anything in my life

ID mobile recommend waiting up to 6 months before applying again if that happens.
The system is automatic with predefined credit rules... it sees you have applied for credit recently and thats all sees, has nothing to do with your excellent credit score.
Userlevel 2
So not ideal when you have a family of 5 and want more sims
Userlevel 2
So I obtained a copy of my credit report, and surprise nothing on there to warrant any refusal by ID Mobile. You have successfully turned down a mobile sim package to an existing customer in good credit rating. Great way to run a business. ID Mobile can't even say why!!! A 1 month contract at £3.99 refused, laughable really that anyone can be turned down on that, worse still the company don't even know why! So from potentially having 5 contracts with me, it now has just the one (that passed its credit check 2 months ago). Even that is likely to end now, I will look at family packages elsewhere. As for your telephone sales line, well really, a sales line??
Badge +10
@paulpa Apologies for that yes would seem ID Mobile do have a system with automatic predefined credit rules... that make no sense in your case!

However on a positive note ID Mobile are working on a family accounts feature, not sure when, I do hope it is announced sometime early 2019. They're a lot of members in the last few weeks in need of this feature like yourself.

Source of the information from Phil ID employee in the below link
https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask-a-question-18/multi-sim-account-960
Userlevel 2
Not much good if someone like me fails a credit check on ID mobile system though. That should be looked into by the company. I have already got an account with them, how can it then turn me down?
Userlevel 2
No factors to improve.
AND

You don't have any court judgements, bankruptcies or Individual Voluntary Arrangements
You have no accounts in default or repossession
You've been on the electoral roll at your current address for a long time
You've made very few applications for credit in the past year
You have held at least one of your accounts for several years
Very few/none of your accounts have overdue payments
Your largest credit card limit is relatively high
You have stayed within your credit card limit in the past year
You're using a small amount of your total credit card limit (below 50%) Actually NIL
Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low

Badge +10
Not much good if someone like me fails a credit check on ID mobile system though. That should be looked into by the company. I have already got an account with them, how can it then turn me down?

I agree totally with you, ID Mobile allow for 2 SIMs per account but turn people down with good credit scores, don't make sense, definitely needs looking into.

This is the automated age we live in now, things out of human control. I personally hate the idea of predefined rules telling me what I can and can't do, the computer drives me insane predicting what I want to do.
Userlevel 2
ID if you are reading this, just take a years payment upfront, cap all overspend to zero, then you have no risk on that account! Call it the "sim package that gets around our useless vetting system"!
Badge +10
ID if you are reading this, just take a years payment upfront, cap all overspend to zero, then you have no risk on that account! Call it the "sim package that gets around our useless vetting system"!

@paulpa thats a very good idea a 'payment upfront' plan, sure other telecoms providers offer this service. Wonder if I could start a "Recommend Features Thread"? Start the ball rolling on a few members ideas!
Userlevel 2
Shame it would have to go that way, really it needs some human intervention and common sense applied to the vetting process. Oh yeah you have been turned down, but i see you already have an account, paid on time via direct debit, ok lets override the computer and put my sales script down for 5 minutes while we do it!
Userlevel 2
So as proof the ID mobile sim credit check is flawed. Yesterday my Wife signed up to get a £3.99 sim and passed credit checks. Today despite the two sim policy, she applied for another and was declined.
ID Mobile sort your crazy credit check policy out, you have just lost 5 sales from one family, from two people with good credit scores and history!!!
Badge +10
@paulpa found this, it might be of use in the short term?

Using a different email to the one you already use it should be possible to set up another account?
Little more expensive that the plans you require, only you know if its worth it.

iD Pay-as-you-go.

Flexible great value SIM plans. No contracts. No credit checks.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/pay-as-you-go

Footnote:
Due to shorter contract lengths and the absence of a handset, SIM Only applications are more likely to be accepted than Pay Monthly deals. However, if your application has been declined please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team. We'll try our best to find a solution that works for you.

(Wonder what they will offer?)
Userlevel 2
No tried two different emails for both myself and wife.( 2 emails of hers and 2 of mine) Will have to look at other companies now who will pass us both on credit checks. Tried the sales team, but that was totally pointless. I was only after the 1 month sim only deals at £3.99 for my kids. Crazy!
Userlevel 2
Successfully taken out two sims on one account from another provider tonight. Glad they have common sense. They will be getting 2 more bought tomorrow once I cancel my two sims with ID mobile. Really disappointing as I was happy with the service, and app.

Why iD Mobile?