• 7 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Why is the app not working anymore?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 October 2018, 15:22

View original

9 replies

My ID app did work fine on my IPhone SE until recently where it freezes on the lloading screen. I have since got a new IPhone SE and this still is occurring, but somebody else with the same phone has no trouble opening the ID app. What can I do to fix it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
My ID app did work fine on my IPhone SE until recently where it freezes on the lloading screen. I have since got a new IPhone SE and this still is occurring, but somebody else with the same phone has no trouble opening the ID app. What can I do to fix it?

That's odd @Lewisanderson,

Are you updated to the latest version of iOS?

Try clearing app data if this is an option in the app settings.
Failing that, try uninstalling the app and re-installing the app from the App Store.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Iannn,

Unfortunately, the app is no longer supported on this Android version or lower.

If you're not able to update to the latest Android firmware, you would need to use the latest mobile browser and head to https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ to monitor your account for the future.

Mohammed
Hi @Iannn,

there could be a number of reasons your app does not appear to be working, to offer more help with this we'd need a bit more information, however, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to get up and running.

(1) Make sure your phone is running the latest software available from the manufacturer, to do this check for software updates in your settings.
(2) Ensure you are running the latest version of the app, to do this uninstall and reinstall your iD app.
(3) Try opening the app when connected to a different WiFi network.
(4) Check you can log in to your online account via the website here https://goo.gl/CLfF3M

If none of these options work, please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Jade
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Iannn,

What Android version is your device currently running? Unfortunately we have identified an issue with some older Android versions which will mean our app will no longer work.

Ryan
My app is still not working. Still getting the 'Oops!' error. My android phone is up to date.
Userlevel 1
Hi Jade. I've tried everything. A security warning pop up appears that reads "Unable to establish secure connection. Please try again later" My phone is secure enough for my banking app but not the ID mobile app it seems, but at least I can still use the online site.
Userlevel 1
Hi

Its a 4.4.2
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @lau9dh,

Please can you go into the settings of your phone and navigate to the 'Apps' list? Once there, find our app and try to remove any cached data. This just refreshes the app which can kick-start it into action.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?