Solved

App problem - unable to establish a secure connection

• 5 October 2018
  • 35 replies

I change my ISP yesterday and now I can't use my I'd app on my Android tablet. When I try to open the app I get a message saying unable to establish a secure connection. Please try later. My Android mobile using the same network opens fine. Any ideas??
icon

Best answer by Ryan 9 November 2018, 16:48

View original

35 replies

when i try to install the app it is giving me error. "Sorry, cannot be installed to your mobile. This app uses an authentication type that is no longer supported. any one have source code or salutation ?

https://lotterysambadtoday.net/lottery-samabd-app/
Badge +10
Hi

Long-shot on this one... System time is not Real?
If your Android device’s system time is not the real one or not matching with the current time zone, apps that require a secure SSL connection will error.

To fix the issue, you need to set up the system time with the current time zone.
Not all devices time will adjust correctly when British summer time ends!!!

Alternatively check you do not have antivirus or a firewall app running that may be blocking the app from working.

If you are using virgin media they have an odd apps running on the backend of all customers dashboard that can cause issues, I turn websafe off on mine. You will have to log into your virgin media account not the router.
Might be an idea since you have changed ISP to check your provider hasn't got something running!
Userlevel 1

It would appear the problem was related to the emails and various other happenings that occurred in error a few days ago as I have just tried to log back in as normal on wifi at home and the app is now working- too much of a coincidence I would say.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It would appear the problem was related to the emails and various other happenings that occurred in error a few days ago as I have just tried to log back in as normal on wifi at home and the app is now working- too much of a coincidence I would say.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Hello @Ronson,

Thanks for confirming that and I’m glad to hear it’s now working.

Mohammed

I am on a SIM only contract with ID. I downloaded an app called fiverr. I can open this app at home with my home wifi. When I go out and switch to my ID internet connection however I am unable to open the same app. What could the problem be?

Userlevel 1

I have a similar problem with an iPhone 11 on ios 14.4 I get the following message - seems to be after an update- can sign in online but not in on app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks, you you provide us with some more details on the device, have you tried clearing the app cache/ data since re-installing?
-Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Phil, have just tried that, cleared cache and data but problem is still there.

Does the website work from your mobile browser here?

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

Can you access the app when on Mobile data but just not on WiFi?

Mohammed
Hi @Johnnyboy,

You may need to update the version of the app you are using on the tablet.
We'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If this doesn't help, let us know and we can try some more troubleshooting with you.

Jade
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Johnnyboy,

What Android version is your device? Unfortunately we have identified an issue with some older versions which will mean our app will no longer work.

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Johnnyboy,

Please can you confirm what the make and model of your tablet is, as well as the current Android version and current App version you're using?

We will have this escalated in order to find out what is happening.

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thank you @Johnnyboy.

I have fed the issue back using those details and we'll see what we can find out for you.

Ryan

i am trying my best to get the results of dhankesari lottery results on my mobile but i was unable to do so..!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Johnnyboy,

Our App team want to know the details of the SIM plan that you're using for you tablet i.e is it Data Only. If you don't want to disclose this publicly then let me know and we'll find an alternative route.

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Johnnyboy,

It is interesting that your tablet is effectively spoofing an Android version that is newer than it's actual version; I've never heard of that before. The app will not work with Android 4.4.2 which is why this issue is happening. Sorry about that!

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Tricky,

Thank you for this information, we'll ensure that it is fed back to the team.

Ryan
Hi Jade have uninstalled and re installed but the problem is still there. The version I'm using is2.1.2.9365
Hi Ryan my tablet is running Android 6.0 so not that old!!
Hi Phil, have just tried that, cleared cache and data but problem is still there.
Hi Mohammed,
no I cant access the app on Mobile data or WiFi. Yes I can access the website from my device.
Doesn't look like this problem is going to be fixed any time soon!!!
Hi Ryan,
My Tablet is made by Mediatek and the model number is KT107H and is operating with Android 6.0 The app version is 2.1.2.9365
Hi the SIM plan includes Data, Calls and txt.
Hi terrywebbs,
system time is ok, no firewalls or security programs are running and this app works fine on my android phone with the same ISP. I might have a look to see if Vodafone my ISP are blocking this app as I'm trying to log in from a third party Sim card. Dont know if that makes any sense??
Hi terrywebbs, no VPN enabled.
Something I have discovered is this. Tablet was a cheapy. In settings "about tablet" it says Android version 6.0 but if I go into apps "All" Android System the version is 4.4.2 and Android System UI version 4.4.2 so I'm wondering if in fact I only have version 4.4.2 installed which will mean the iD wont work. Thoughts??

Why iD Mobile?