Solved

Can I re-join ID with the same SIM but without creating a new account

• 18 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I left ID 5 months ago so my account is still active. I now want to transfer back using the same SIM. Previously it was a rolling monthly contract with ID, it was the same with my other provider and I want to come back with the same. Is that possible? 

I have a PAC from Plusnet and so just want to sign up to a monthly plan and attach it to my existing account

icon

Best answer by andewhite 20 June 2022, 10:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can’t be done @KneeDamage - sorry, I know this from my own experience.

You’ll need to create another iD My Account (i.e. a new account) and will have to use a different username (email address) for that account.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KneeDamage 

@andewhite pretty much has it spot on there! With our system it’s one email address per account, unfortunately it isn’t possible to add multiple plans under a single iD Mobile App account.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Tom. As feedback to the powers that be in ID, it might be worth considering how to allow this. Because I had to set up a new account either way I decided to set up an O2 account instead - easier than setting up a new email address then a new account with ID, then changing the account details to my real email - when I would (inevitably) have got an error message telling me there was already an account with that email.

As I moved away in Feb, at the moment there is an ID account with no plan attached to it just lying dormant. All I wanted was to start a plan and attach it to that account. There should be an option in the  dormant account to restart the plan or wipe it and start afresh. thus maintaining the one plan per account  rule whilst making it easy

Cheers

Mark 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We appreciate the feedback @KneeDamage and will pass it along to our teams to possibly see this in future updates!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?