Solved

Changing my Account Name and Billing Details

• 20 June 2018
  • 9 replies

Hello,

My mom registered her name as well as her billing details to my iD Account and I want to change it to my name as well as my own billing details.
I've seen that I'm able to change the profile details but not the account name.
I'm able to change the billing details but since I can't change the account name, it's not able to change.

How do I solve this problem?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 June 2018, 14:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Hersi,

Welcome to the iD Community!

It's not possible to amend the name on the account/transfer the account as this is the name the credit check was run under.

We can update the Billing address once you contact us.
Direct Debit details can be amended from within the app/account.

Hope this answers your question.

Mohammed
Hello,

I tried changing the Direct Debit details using the app.

I am able to type and change the bank account number and bank sort code but it does not let me change the account holder name (the account name) hence does not recognise my card so it refuses to make the changes.

Let me know what to do.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Hersi,

As mentioned above,
It's not possible to amend the name on the account/transfer the account as this is the name the credit check was run under.

For this reason, you would be unable to set up a Direct Debit to come out of an account that isn't in your name.

Mohammed
Hello,

I called Customer Service Care and they were able to change the account holder name as well as the Direct Debit information over the phone though the account name is still the same, which is fine.

The Direct Debit information on the app was updated too.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hello @Hersi,

We're glad to hear that you have had the Direct Debit details updated. As you confirmed above, the account name is not able to changed.

If you need any further help then please let us know.

Ryan

Hi

Can I get the mobile number to call ID mobile customer service so I can change the account holder’s name? Because I have tried calling ID mobile but it’s always an automated voice telling me to go on the website

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Mei 

We no longer offer a telephony contact channel for our customers as we’re a digital-first company and endeavor to keep our costs low for customers.

We can help with a name change. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hello @Mei 

We no longer offer a telephony contact channel for our customers as we’re a digital-first company and endeavor to keep our costs low for customers.

We can help with a name change. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi Michelle,

My brother and I are having the exact same problem and would love some guidance on how to change the payment method too. 

Many thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Joshk thanks for getting in touch.

We can assist you with your account, but your brother will need to contact us directly about his own account.

You can change your payment  method through our iD app.

Are you looking to change your name on your account too?

Why iD Mobile?